Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 07-05-2010, 03:11 PM

Default EZDrummer crashing Pro Tools

I submitted this to Toontrack and they suggested I post this on DUC. Any help is much appreciated!

Just getting started with ProTools and EZDrummer. When I drag a groove into ProTools the system crashes and gives me the following error message:

Access Violation occured, unable to read location:
0x00000000 at address: 0x010E3EE3 in module DFW.dll

It locks up ProTools and I have to reboot.

This only happens if I'm trying to drag the goove and cross from one monitor (i.e. dual monitor setup) to the other to drop it into a ProTools track. In other words, I have ProTools spread across 2 monitors and if the EZdrummer plugin is on one Monitor and my ProTools edit window is on another monitor, it will always crash when I try and drag a grove from EZDrummer into ProTools. It crashes the instant my cursor hits the point in between monitors.

Anyone else come across this before? FYI - I'm running ProTools M-Powered 8 and the latest release of EZDrummer (just downloaded it a couple of weeks ago).

Thanks!

Fuzzy
Old 07-05-2010, 05:19 PM

Default Re: EZDrummer crashing Pro Tools

I stopped using EZDrummer a long time ago and unistalled it from my computer. The software was more trouble than it was worth. I dont realy remember what it was doing but like I said it was more trouble than it was worth made my Pro Tools totaly unstable.

Main:
Model: Dell 5750 Precision Workstation
CPU:*Intel Core Processor i7-10750H (6 Core, 12MB Cache, 2.60 GHz to 5.00 GHz,
Memory:64GB, 2X32GB,DDR4 2933Mhz Non-ECC
OS M.2 512GB PCIe NVMe, Record Intel 1TB SSD, 2T SSD, 1TB SSD
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd Gen
AVID Pro Tools 2023.12
JBL LSR4328P 8"
JBL LSR310S 10 inch Powered Studio Subwoofer*
Yamaha HS50M Studio Monitors
Alesis Elevate 3 Studio Monitors
M-Audio Axiom 61 Midi Controller
Old 07-07-2010, 07:59 AM

I've been running EZdrummer on PT8 for a while now and it's awesome, no problems at all.

I don't know about your 2 monitor issue though, sorry.
Old 02-06-2018, 01:50 PM

Hello, I recently updated my software to pro tools 2018, I have a paid subscription with you. I'm trying to use my EZ Drummer 2, when in stereo it works fine, whenever Y try to put it to multichannel, each part of the drum kit sounds horrible, and it makes pro tool crash. How Can I solve this?
Thanks,
Federico
Old 02-06-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by federico View Post
Hello, I recently updated my software to pro tools 2018, I have a paid subscription with you. I'm trying to use my EZ Drummer 2, when in stereo it works fine, whenever Y try to put it to multichannel, each part of the drum kit sounds horrible, and it makes pro tool crash. How Can I solve this?
Thanks,
Federico
You really should start a new topic, thread, about this. Even if this thread, discussion, is somewhat about what you're asking, it's nearly eight years old and many of the contributors are not active on the DUC anymore.

Nevermind the age of the thread, your question is really a new discussion, and you shouldn't hook that on to an existing thread. It's against the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by federico View Post
I have a paid subscription with you.
And you should understand that this is just a discussion form for users of Avid products, not a way to talk with Avid.