Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2018, 11:15 AM

Default Re: PT12 Play Start/Stop Lag

It happens that you can test the start time of PT with video by enabling Apple 1 (Transport).THEN hit Shft/Ctl/Opt/Apple/ click the stop button on the window. The transport window widens so you can see the actual start times. I was getting .7 with Black Magic. I take out black magic the start time is.21 I am using key every frame so PT is free to start. Has anyone tested PT with video using the AVID PCIE and MOJO DX?
Old 09-13-2018, 04:53 PM

0.41 secs with Mojo DX and PCie card genlocked

0.25 secs with video hardware disabled

Dick you are talking about the Play Start figure yes?
Old 09-20-2018, 01:03 PM

Yes. Am installing MojoDX to test. Will attach results.
Old 06-08-2019, 05:56 PM

Hey everybody. So I had the same issue with PT12.7, on a Mac Mini, I'll update the post with system specifics later...

I encountered the problem, after I switched from a condenser microphone that came in a bundle with Scarlett 2i2 audio interface, to a cheap karaoke machine mic, which I think is a dynamic microphone.

I captured a few takes with it, stored them into a track Playlist that sits above my recording track.

After a few takes, the issue began. I was like "oh no!".

I read into this thread, checked settings and all.

What I figured out, was when I closed my Playlist with the newly recorded tracks, the lag stopped.

The mic I was using didn't have the extra band around the input (maybe a ground band on the coaxial input.

Also, I deleted any unused tracks I had sitting around.

I know, not a heavy technical solution, but it may help disabling any active and visible tracks that are not in use.

Hope it helps.
Old 07-21-2019, 12:32 PM

Gentlemen. The issue seems to be the video engine. It seems They never updated it. The start stop lag can be measured . With a session open with video in the session. Use Pulldown menu to put transport on the desktop. Then hold shift/ctl/opt/cmd and click the stop button. A panel will appear and when you hit platy it will measure the start time. .55 is what I get. Using nitrisdx.
Spent 3 mos trying to resolve this. No help yet.