Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: HD USERS BE AFRAID - VERY AFRAID

Oh . . Mai an !! . ?

It's just gotta get to the chorus sooner !! ?
~ 2019 Rack Mac Pro 3.2 GHz 16 core 384 GB RAM Catalina 10.15.7 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12.0 / HDX 2 + UAD2 PCIe OCTO+QUAD / HD I/O's x 4 + 1 x 96io / Digidesign Pre's x 3 / Avid S6 M10-24 -V22.12.1.34 ~
~ Mac Pro 8 core - clover - 13 GB ram - 10.6.8 / HD5 / Pro Tools 9.0.6 / Magma PE6R4 ~ ARCHIVE RIG

~ Mac Pro (Early 2009) - 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core-32 GB RAM-10.13.6 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.10 / Apollo 16 / Avid S3 ~
Old 02-06-2007, 03:23 PM

Quote:
...For god sakes, its a PRO TOOLS technical forum... we are talking about PT systems, not music ideolgy of production concepts...
Don't let'em get you down.
Maybe you should have sung your thoughts.

"Imagine there's no hardware... if wonder if you can?
No need for upgrades... a..."

...well, that's all i can think of

web page
Old 02-06-2007, 04:07 PM

I'm sorry, but 25G is my oxygenhose...

He's brutally honest, no bull, occassionally off topic, sometimes ruffles some feathers, usually an interesting read, and somewhat reminiscent, to me, of the late steven st. croix

...and he's a prick

YMMV

Maybe he makes me laugh because my last name is Huntsberger...I dunno
Old 02-06-2007, 04:19 PM

"Imagine there's no hardware... if wonder if you can?
No need for upgrades... a..."'

LOL ... now thats humor!
Old 02-07-2007, 06:20 AM

Quote:
hey 25 ghosts...
i started this post..
i have to say... you seem like a total TOOL!
For god sakes, its a PRO TOOLS technical forum... we are talking about PT systems, not music ideolgy of production concepts.
I am making an half joking comment, which I knew would stir a few people. The subject title was tongue in cheek.
I actually was really just amazed that that system could run that many plug ins.. it is a lot you must admit.
am I am going to sell my HD system.....no!
Do I used 256 instances of SSL channel... no!

I record bands and orchestras and understand the advantages of a TDM system..

so stop being an idiot and write some good music yourself..
being a good producer is about having empathy, people skills, and possibly good humor and you seem to be lacking in those skills..

the condescending post like that are the reason I very rarely post on these things any more. I actually am a busy working producer..

unbelievable... (but sort of believable)

you sound high n mighty only your talk remind me more of a hobby psychologist than that of a "Busy Working Producer"
Who are you to judge what I lack and what I dont. My momma gets to judge that - not someone dwelling in the land down under………
Old 02-07-2007, 07:13 AM

Sorry to join in late.

But, 25ghosts, you sound like a 22 year old with an attitude only a mother could love. As has been said, this is a technical forum, not myspace, no ones listed their likes and dislikes, who's hot and who's not, where they are going Friday night 'to hang out'.

And quite a rich comment having a dig about Australia, a place I assume you've never been (and I'm sure you say 'you never want to'), you're from Germany mate. I'd start a poll, but that would just be silly wouldn't it.

And by the way, just so you know, I have a HD3 rig with an unbelievable amount of plug-ins, all of which I try to use.............. all the time............ sometimes I just put them on the tracks with the bypass on, so I look cool.................... really.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Sorry to join in late.

But, 25ghosts, you sound like a 22 year old with an attitude only a mother could love. As has been said, this is a technical forum, not myspace, no ones listed their likes and dislikes, who's hot and who's not, where they are going Friday night 'to hang out'.

And quite a rich comment having a dig about Australia, a place I assume you've never been (and I'm sure you say 'you never want to'), you're from Germany mate. I'd start a poll, but that would just be silly wouldn't it.

And by the way, just so you know, I have a HD3 rig with an unbelievable amount of plug-ins, all of which I try to use.............. all the time............ sometimes I just put them on the tracks with the bypass on, so I look cool.................... really.
errrr - wrong guess - sound01... wanna hit the double stake where the scores can really change?

Since you were so nice and showed the courtesy of guiding my bewildered mind straight to the fact that this is a technical forum but still had to guess where I am from and where I've been, I felt compelled to inform you of the truth which you seem to seek so dearly...

I've been to Australia, 4 Months - that's all I could take before I had to get the H out a Dodge.
Hypocritical smoking laws in Queensland mixed with strange rules of double standards regarding liquor mixing licenses in bars had me twisted. Having to read billboards about all the dangerous creatures, residing beneath the surface of the beautiful Australian ocean, before taking a plunge, reminded me a little of the time I spent in a mental hospital wearing a straight-jacket.

And to where I come from : I am half danish - half american.... I happen to live in Germany at the moment but that dont mean that I'm German, not that I mind the Germans....

So now that you have your facts straight about me, you may Sir, if you please, pursue with your quest of writing valuable posts about the technical content of 25ghosts... Hope this rhyme wasn't too poetic for your rough technical nature…
Old 02-07-2007, 10:40 AM

Quote:

you sound high n mighty only your talk remind me more of a hobby psychologist than that of a "Busy Working Producer"
Who are you to judge what I lack and what I dont. My momma gets to judge that - not someone dwelling in the land down under………
The hobbyist troll rides again.

24 1/2 Ghosts,

It's not that you're an idiot, you're not. You're an inexperienced and bitter young man, who's probably got a fair amount of potential. At least on a technical level. No way on earth do you make your living from working with musicians though, or even advertising clients. Okay, maybe advertising clients. I'd bet that overwhelming majority of folks that work with you probably just want to use your TDM system so badly, that they're willing to deal with you and your pissant little superiority complex. My guess is that you either work alone, or with bands that can't afford to pay. You force them to pretend to like you, and you preach to them and act like Mr. Daddy Mack of all things audio. Am I getting close? Course I am.

Decent people are repelled by your venomous statements. You should stop. Now. Focus on your fear and start making music (or whatever) instead of stalling with all of this ego-stroking Pro Tools bug expedition crap. You'll be happier for it, and so will the DUC.

S.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:38 AM

25 ghosts,
I think you owe Dr Stuart, PHD, $100 for his expert diagnosis.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 02-07-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Quote:

The hobbyist troll rides again.

24 1/2 Ghosts,

It's not that you're an idiot, you're not. You're an inexperienced and bitter young man, who's probably got a fair amount of potential. At least on a technical level. No way on earth do you make your living from working with musicians though, or even advertising clients. Okay, maybe advertising clients. I'd bet that overwhelming majority of folks that work with you probably just want to use your TDM system so badly, that they're willing to deal with you and your pissant little superiority complex. My guess is that you either work alone, or with bands that can't afford to pay. You force them to pretend to like you, and you preach to them and act like Mr. Daddy Mack of all things audio. Am I getting close? Course I am.

Decent people are repelled by your venomous statements. You should stop. Now. Focus on your fear and start making music (or whatever) instead of stalling with all of this ego-stroking Pro Tools bug expedition crap. You'll be happier for it, and so will the DUC.

S.

Stuart, like sound 01 you have no idea who I am or what I do... I could try N justyfy myself but I wont. All I can say is that I am not here on earth to please others or to be considered a "decent" person. You can stop dissing me - I'll agree with you; I am NOT a decent person trying to please and make friends. I am here to please the ones I love and make sure my world is working... I refrain, however from calling other people names or making aggressive statements of their mental health. You have had trouble with me being honest in the past and many a times decent people have trouble with my honesty and my way of not "Wrapping" my statements in cotton. However, those problems derive in their own problem of being honest in the first place. I believe you are a nice person stuart but by the love of god I cant understand why you get so upset with what I write and why you always need to comment on the way that I say things instead of commenting on the contents. You could call someone else by a name or spill your beans all you want - you could even be unfair - If the content wouldn't interest me I wouldnt comment on it - cuz honestly Stuart - you dont mean nothing to me at all… so I wouldnt waste my time getting upset over how you say things.