Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2002, 11:19 AM

Default More Digi iLok weirdness in 5.3.1...

I just downloaded 5.3.1 and saw this:

"The following plug-ins that are installed by the updater are only compatible with floppy disk authorizations:

* DPP-1
* Focusrite d2
* D-Fi bundle (LoFi, SciFi, RectiFi, and VariFi)
* Maxim"

After installing 5.3.1 my iLok'ed Drawmer started asking for authorization.

All plug-ins above had previously been iLok'ed (DPP-1 p/w'ed), so I can't help wondering what the heck is going on in the Digi camp. I thought Digi was moving TOWARDS iLok and not away from it. Or maybe Brent's recent post saying that Digi has noooothing to do with iLok and that we can't get any tools to administer our authorisations from Digi was actually an indication of Digi giving up iLok.

In any case I must say that this is an annoying mess that should be cleaned up soon.

Digi, please give us a CLEAR indication of where you stand on the authorizations issue, as many TDM users have significant investments in Digi plug-ins and very little time to deal with stupid issues like these.

And please don't replying saying I can keep using the previously installed plug-ins (or d/ling HD pack updates), I know more than you think I know. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

So let me boil it down to one question:

Will ALL Digi plug-ins eventually be iLok compatible?
Old 06-22-2002, 12:00 AM
Avid

Default Re: More Digi iLok weirdness in 5.3.1...

Quote:
Originally posted by PastaViking II:
After installing 5.3.1, my iLok'ed Drawmer started asking for authorization.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The Drawmer Dynamics plug-in began asking for floppy authorization on your system because the 5.3.1 update replaced your iLok-authorized version of Drawmer with a floppy-authorized version. This is a problem/limitation with the 5.3.1 updater, nothing more.

The solution is simple:
On your PT 5.3 CD, you will see an installer called the "iLok MIXpack Installer;" launch it. When you get to the main installation page, click the arrow to the left of the line that reads "5.3 Plug-Ins for MIXpack," and you will see the individual plug-ins. Click to select the "Drawmer Installer," and then click "Install."

Steve