Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2023, 06:34 AM

Default S6 auto talkback issues

I'm running a 3 system dual S6 post setup. DadMan/MTRX running from the stem recorder. Auto talkback is set up and is "working" with some limitations.

Auto talkback works fine when using the transport of the stem recorder, but does not respond to satellite control when using the transport of the mix systems. Which makes it kind of useless since the stem transport is rarely used.

Is there a setting needed to make this work? The satellite play commands don't seem to be getting passed to the TB control. I can't seem to find anything that indicates this is a switch.

PT/S6/Eucon all at 23.6, DadMan 5.6.9.1
Old 09-22-2023, 07:03 AM
Avid

Default Re: S6 auto talkback issues

The S6 doesn't know about Satellite commands only its Transport buttons.
Old 09-22-2023, 08:48 AM

Actually it seems to. When I hit play on a satellite system, the play tally turns green on the S6, so it obviously is aware of current play status. It's just a matter of having the auto talkback respond to current play status rather than just local transport commands. As it stands, auto talkback is essentially useless in multi system setups. It wasn't ever an issue until remote reviews became the norm.
Old 09-22-2023, 08:59 AM
Avid

I'll look into it.
Old 09-25-2023, 11:43 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Formosa View Post
Actually it seems to. When I hit play on a satellite system, the play tally turns green on the S6, so it obviously is aware of current play status. It's just a matter of having the auto talkback respond to current play status rather than just local transport commands. As it stands, auto talkback is essentially useless in multi system setups. It wasn't ever an issue until remote reviews became the norm.
Software came back and said that it is going off the LED status, so should work......and QA just tested this and it works for them too.