Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2020, 12:48 AM

Default Perpetual upgrade (Thomann) worked but where are ALL PT versions??

Hello everyone,

I've just bought a perpetual upgrade plan from Thomann since it seems that perpetual licenses are soon to completely disappear...
It took some days and AVID support to make it work (...) but I made it.
Happy?
Not quite...

I'm currently running PT HD 12.7 which is fine for me.
The idea was, like the previous time I paid for the upgrade, some 4 years ago, to get access to newer versions but just for the future.
I thought I might install PT 12.8 or 2018 on a "test harddrive/system" just to see how it works with my Mac OS.

BUT!...

When opening my renewed account, all I have access to is PT 2020.11 (way too recent for my setup) or legacy product such as PTHD 10 or 11 (too old).

Am I missing something or shouldn't we get access to ALL previous versions when upgrading??!
Has AVID taken the same commercial path as Apple by only providing the latest version of its software?? That would be a shame and a real regression...

Thanks for any infos.
Mat

Administrator of Brotools, free online tutorials for the french Pro Tools user.
Old 12-11-2020, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Perpetual upgrade (Thomann) worked but where are ALL PT versions??

You should be looking in the "Avid Download Center" which is *not* the usual Avid.com "My Product" downloads.

Start here: https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ownload-Center

Hopefully you have a combo licenses for 10/11/12 and later as a result of your license upgrade. Make sure you actually sync the iLok and get any new license on it.
Old 12-11-2020, 01:13 AM

Hi Darryl,

Thanks for that fast reply.
I completely forgot about that Download Center thing (I don't think it even existed last time I upgraded...) and the fact that PT HD10 and 11 are present in the "my account" page is quite confusing.

I'll check the download center page, thanks!

Old 12-12-2020, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
....Hopefully you have a combo licenses for 10/11/12 and later as a result of your license upgrade. Make sure you actually sync the iLok and get any new license on it.

I'm sure Darryl meant:
"Make sure you actually sync the iLok after getting any new license on it."

Synchronize your iLok after you add or remove any license (or refresh ZDT)

Restart computer
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * Studio One Pro 6.6 * Harrison Mixbus 10 Pro * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 & Air 32 MINI * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock * 3 TB Samsung SSDs * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop & 24” BENQ LED GL2450-B & Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor
Old 12-12-2020, 10:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD2 View Post
....I thought I might install PT 12.8 or 2018 on a "test harddrive/system" just to see how it works with my Mac OS.
As mentioned, PT 12.8 is available in the Avid Download Center

For anything earlier than PT 12.6, you’ll need to start a Case:

How To Log A Case From Your Avid Account
https://youtu.be/CKqSEgg8_VA

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...-Case-Creation

If you have any problems, post back here and state your Case Number, to help (Mods & Higher) escalate on your behalf.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * Studio One Pro 6.6 * Harrison Mixbus 10 Pro * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 & Air 32 MINI * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock * 3 TB Samsung SSDs * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop & 24” BENQ LED GL2450-B & Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor
Old 12-14-2020, 11:56 PM

Thanks all.
I'm already running PT HD 12.7 and don't need any older version, so I should be fine with 2018 or 2019 (if I dare t upgrade my OS).

Old 12-19-2020, 03:33 AM

Am wondering if OP activated the reinstatement at once?

I would buy the plan myself but can wait a bit longer to activate it.
Im on Hd 12.8.2 and mojave, though officially not supported runs pretty smooth. Also no problem With QT import or bounce.

Will upgrade to m1 at some time in the future and would like to have the (cheapest) reinstatement at hand.

I got the answer from thomann that avid suggest i activate the plan within 30days of purchase...
Old 12-19-2020, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11miles View Post
Am wondering if OP activated the reinstatement at once?
The OP bought an Upgrade, which starts when the OP’s current Plan expires:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD2 View Post
Hello everyone, I've just bought a perpetual upgrade plan from Thomann since it seems that perpetual licenses are soon to completely disappear...
You’re not looking for an Upgrade – you’re looking for a Reinstatement:

Quote:
I would buy the plan myself but can wait a bit longer to activate it.
Im on Hd 12.8.2 and mojave, though officially not supported runs pretty smooth. Also no problem With QT import or bounce.

Will upgrade to m1 at some time in the future and would like to have the (cheapest) reinstatement at hand.
Quote:
I got the answer from thomann that avid suggest i activate the plan within 30days of purchase...
Whatever you do, if you want to use your Reinstatement at a later date, do NOT activate your Reinstatement immediately. The moment you transfer a Reinstatement to your Avid account, the clock starts on your Plan.

Quote:
There is NO TIME LIMIT for Reinstatements:

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...nstatement-faq
Q: If I purchase a reinstatement and do not immediately redeem, will it expire?
A: No. When you purchase a reinstatement from a reseller, it does not expire and you are able to use it at a future time. Avid will continue to honor reinstatement redemptions during the promo and after we discontinue selling them.

Will PM you within 5 minutes – please check & acknowledge here you’ve received it
Old 12-19-2020, 05:26 AM

When you buy a Reinstatement, all you get is an Activation Code.

An Activation Code consists of a mix of 27 letters and numbers, separated by 2 hyphens. That’s it!

Good idea to keep a copy of your email that includes this expensive Code!

How’d you go – did you get my PM?