Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2013, 08:13 PM

Default Cool new hardware at AES

I know we tend to be focused on software here, but there's some interesting new hardware products being introduced at AES. Rather than try to list them, you may want to check out Gearslutz's thread about the new products:

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/135th...y-ny-usa-2013/
Old 10-18-2013, 08:56 PM

Default Re: Cool new hardware at AES

Thanks a million for this thread link

I have been looking all over for news from AES NY 2013 and that list is all candy for my eyes until videos start to pop up on utube

Again Thank you
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-19-2013, 05:12 PM

API has introduced the BOX which is a mixer with 4 mic input channels (2 with 550 eq's slotted) and 2 with empty slots.

The right side has 16 channels brought back into a summing mixer with pan and 2 aux sends and volume fader.

Then there are two mono compressors that can be inserted across two of the four input channels or the program bus. There was also a talkback section but I'm not clear on how extensive it is.

Although it looks beautiful, The price of $18k made me laugh because to me it's a lunchbox with 2 extra compressors and a Dangerous 2 bus. All for under $8k.

This is a direct hit against the Audient mixer for the same price but is a fully functioning 16 channel bus mixer. I would have API get their stuff built in China to their specs to start bringing down the price of the 1608 which cost $3k per channel to half that price. Then we could all walkaway with a 1608 with automation, fully loaded for under $20k
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:56 PM

Really like these midi interfaces:

http://iconnectivity.com/iConnectMIDI2plus

I'm assuming the audio connectivity is only 2 channels, but still, these things are a lot of functionality and flexibility for less than $100. Definitely plan on getting one.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 10-21-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Lie View Post
... I would have API get their stuff built in China to their specs to start bringing down the price ....
Quality costs more $ .... simple.

There's plenty of mediocre junk from china, why don't you just buy that?

Cheaper is not better, it's just cheaper.

kasper