Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2006, 03:53 PM

Default Playlists

I don't know of anything, but is there some way to quick key through playlists? If there is than great.....if not than this is something that Digidesign needs to enable........ it is unbeliveable that this is not an available option.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:03 PM

Default Re: Playlists

no.
yes.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:16 PM

I'll tell you, playlists are great but I'd love to see Digi implement something like what Steinberg did with Nuendo. It's called stacked recording. Basically you record and record take after take and each take is stacked one above the other in the same track. You can edit between the takes, etc. Makes it really easy to record, say, 34 vocal passes and do the comping.

As far as playlists go, is there any way to make it so that every time you record (when you are in loop recording) each pass is set on a different playlist (or at least some way to easily organize all these takes? I know about regions and start times, etc. It just kind of sucks to have to go through it like this. There must be an easier way.
Pro Audio Sales/Consulting
http://www.audiolot.com

Follow AudioLot on Facebook
Old 09-19-2006, 05:48 PM

Yeah.... I don't necessarily need "stacked" playlists just a [bleep] quick key..... Digi is so far behind the times it's getting silly.....
Old 09-19-2006, 06:35 PM

If you loop record you can do the same thing without playlists. See pg 178 in the reference guide for auditioning from the takes list, and pg. 64 for the separate region operates on all related takes. You can record multiple takes and when you make an edit on the region, it affects all regions underneath. You can comp a track this way while remaining on the same track. If you want to use it like a playlist, just record the take for the full length of the session.

Erik
Old 09-19-2006, 09:05 PM

Thats a pretty good idea..... its too bad you have to keep letting it run though..... it would be great if they combined the two.....
Old 09-22-2006, 11:07 AM

You can record as large or as small a region as you want. You just have to do this within the same playlist on the track. It's quite doable, and there is no limit to the amount of tracks (i.e. regions) that can be recorded while looping.

Erik