Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Opening PT 6.1.2 sessions on OS 9 in PT 5.2.1

For the past year I have been taking my laptop around with me and using it with PT 6.1.2 and my MBOX and getting some great sounding recordings. I have also been using it as my main recording source, but truthfully I just like the way the PT 5.2.1 work and feels a little better. Pluss I have so many people that I have been working with that use the OS 9 version. Anyway... I just recently got my G4 back (Long story) Previously it had 001 on it but I sold that and just bought an MBOX to mix with. Well everytime I try to play a session that i recorded on 6.1.2 in 5.2.1 it gives me this "DAE error 9060". I tried all the fixes that the answerbase gives and that didn't help. I also tried re-formatting the hard drive and that didn't help. I then tried to see if it would work if I just started a new session from scratch and that worked. So this leads me to beleive that I am having trouble reading the newer version files in the OS 9 version of Pro Tools. Sorry for the long-winded explaination but I figured a little history would help. If anyone can help me figure this out I would greatly appreciate it!! Thanks!

Matt
Old 01-15-2005, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Opening PT 6.1.2 sessions on OS 9 in PT 5.2.1

go to your 6.x session, save session copy in,
in session format choose 5.0, in fader gain +6db,
items to copy all suondfiles, etc.
burn to disk that saved copy, or copies,
take them to the OS9 5.x system, hope it helps.
Old 01-16-2005, 12:25 AM

You shouldn't have to do any of that, PT6 sessions should have no problem opening and running in 5.2.1 - I do it pretty often between my home setup with 6.4 and my TDM studio running 5.1.3. Post back and let us know if re-saving the session solves the problem, it shouldn't, but it'd be good to know if it does.
Old 01-16-2005, 03:52 PM

Well I tried that, but it didn't seem to work. I still get DAE error - 9060. I am out of things to try. Any other ideas?

Thanks Again!
Old 01-16-2005, 04:18 PM
Avid

Hi,
Your session document is not the problem the format is the same for versions 5.1 or better. . If you have tried all the solutions in answerbase it could be that the audio is corrupt. Try using import tracks to bring the tracks into a new empty session one at a time to see if you can determine if it is a particular track. If these sessions still opens on your OS 9 rig try using save session copy in with items to copy all audio files selected. Try changing the audio file type so that new audio files in a new format are created. Most of the time this error is caused in OS 9 by having the drive formatted improperly with an unsupported 3rd party utility or having 3rd party firewire extensions like HDST, or Silverlining Pro loading. Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Digidesign Tech Support
Old 01-16-2005, 11:40 PM

Well, I tried both of those suggestions and when I imported each individual audio file over I was able t hear audio. But that seems like it will be easier to re-record than to peice together all those files. I also tried moving the files to the system HD and that didn't change anything. Niether did converting to .wav. Any more suggestions?

thanks!
Old 01-17-2005, 08:08 AM

hi shade, if you import each individual audio file at a time,
it´s best to consolidate each track from the begining, so
you don´t have to deal with where it goes.
what digi mean, was
that when you imported each audio at a time, there´ll be one
or some that could not be imported ´cause it´ll be a corrupted file,
so when you identified it, you´ll delete it, ´cause it could be the cause
you are unable to open the whole session in 5.x
Old 01-17-2005, 08:12 AM

Quote:
But that seems like it will be easier to re-record than to peice together all those files.
Sounds like you used the import audio command instead of import tracks. If you import the tracks, they will show up will all your edits, plug-ins etc. already in place, no piecing together is needed. Do this one track at a time and see which one causes the error to occur.
Old 01-17-2005, 08:23 AM

hi slim, but what if it's only one region of a track that's corrupted?
ones happens to me that i reversed, put delay and don't know what else
to a region, and when trying to consolidate it told me it cuoldn't be done
'cause there was a corrupted part. thanks.
Old 01-17-2005, 09:35 AM

Unfortunately once you find the track that has the corrupted region or file, you need to remove that corresponding file and delete it. I don't believe there is any way to un-corrupt something (short of some kind of religious ceremony, and computers and holy water don't mix to well).