Old 08-22-2023, 09:05 AM

Default Re: Plugins compatible with Apple Silicon natively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becharax View Post
The Red Plugins are not ....
Right. Which is why I said the "fast series."
Old 08-22-2023, 06:59 PM

FYI: Here are links to a complete list of Roland Cloud Synth that are now AAX AS updated.

This is good news for me! Now I'm only waiting for one plugin by u-He.

See links below.

https://rolandcloud.com/news/srx-instrument-updates

https://rolandcloud.com/news/more-instrument-updates

https://rolandcloud.com/news/instrument-updates

https://rolandcloud.com/news/new-ins...es-are-out-now

https://rolandcloud.com/news/we-ve-u...re-instruments
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 | Studio One Pro 6.6 | Logic Pro 10.8.1 | Dolby Atmos Render 5.2 & Album Assembler 1.3 | RME BabyFace Pro FS | UA Native Plugins & Sphere LX | SSL UC1 | 2023 Mac Studio M2 Max 12 Core CPU 38 Core GPU | MacOs 13.5.0 | Genelec 8020D & Yamaha MSP10 | Korg Kronos LS | Sonarworks Sound ID | Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro | DT 880 PRO | DT 770 Pro | etc.

Last edited by ZoeMusic; 08-22-2023 at 11:43 PM.
Old 08-22-2023, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdy View Post
I wonder if there’s a a historical pattern here.
Quite often yes.
Old 08-22-2023, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzam View Post
I am constantly grateful to Sean Costello over at ValhallaDSP for breaking my dependence on Lexicon PCM Reverbs... and for updating his plugs to aax native almost immediately, and for constantly adding new features to his existing plugins, for free. in my opinion he's the best plugin dev out there, given the quality both of his products and of his long-term support. (ok along with soundtoys, i love those guys too)
Hear hear! Sean has earned an amazing rep in this business. Earned! For reasons you've mentioned and more.
Old 08-23-2023, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Insight 2
Well that flipped to AAX ARM native!
Insight 2 (2.4.0 to be exact) is now native.

One more down in my list (now, if only Izotope would get us our Exponential Audio Stratus and Symphony!)
Old 08-24-2023, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Insight 2 (2.4.0 to be exact) is now native.
Finally! Thanks for the heads up.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM
Old 08-24-2023, 01:54 AM

Has anyone actually heard anything at all from AudioEase regarding Altiverb, besides "working on it"? At least a Beta if allowed to say so?

We have quite a few Altiverb licenses at the faculty where I work. Because of new silicon macs and a decision to not let one product stop us from going fully native, I had to exclude Altiverb from this semesters roll-out. That's quite a lot of students loosing the opportunity to learn and get familiar with Altiverb, and that's sad. First and foremost for our students, but maybe also for AudioEase in the long run.

Stein Tore
Old 08-24-2023, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steins View Post
Has anyone actually heard anything at all from AudioEase regarding Altiverb, besides "working on it"? At least a Beta if allowed to say so?

We have quite a few Altiverb licenses at the faculty where I work. Because of new silicon macs and a decision to not let one product stop us from going fully native, I had to exclude Altiverb from this semesters roll-out. That's quite a lot of students loosing the opportunity to learn and get familiar with Altiverb, and that's sad. First and foremost for our students, but maybe also for AudioEase in the long run.

Stein Tore
I emailed them last week… pretty much the exact same response as months ago. It’s very disappointing.

The reply…
Quote:
At this moment all our plug-ins require using Rosetta on the Apple silicon (M1/M2) macs. We are working on new versions of the plug-ins that will add native support for apple silicon. As soon as we have news on this we will let you know.
For now you need to run your DAW (Pro Tools/Cubase/Nuendo/DP) using Rosetta in order to use Altiverb.
Old 08-24-2023, 08:58 AM

Not surprised at all that Audioease is slow to the draw, as usual. They have been quite glacial in the past regarding updates and ports…

Altiverb and Speakerphone are a bit long in the tooth sound quality-wise, to put it kindly. And Altiverb XL STILL is limited to the 5.1 channel width. Doesn’t seem like XL to me at this point.

Speakerphone has always been bug-filled automation-wise for me. Altiverb seems to have improved over the years in terms of reliability, but I still hold my breath when I have to move a mix session to a new mix stage. 90% of my plugin automation issues with pro tools has centered around Audioease products.

Anyhow, now that there are better sounding and more reliable alternatives out there, I’m the process of removing Altiverb and Speakerphone from Al my templates, and will start notifying collaborators to do the same as convenient for all of us to make the transition. Unreliability with Intel vs Silicon is a new wrinkle that I’d rather not deal with.

Especially if the updates come with a cost.
Old 08-24-2023, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digidub View Post
Not surprised at all that Audioease is slow to the draw, as usual. They have been quite glacial in the past regarding updates and ports…

Altiverb and Speakerphone are a bit long in the tooth sound quality-wise, to put it kindly. And Altiverb XL STILL is limited to the 5.1 channel width. Doesn’t seem like XL to me at this point.

Speakerphone has always been bug-filled automation-wise for me. Altiverb seems to have improved over the years in terms of reliability, but I still hold my breath when I have to move a mix session to a new mix stage. 90% of my plugin automation issues with pro tools has centered around Audioease products.

Anyhow, now that there are better sounding and more reliable alternatives out there, I’m the process of removing Altiverb and Speakerphone from Al my templates, and will start notifying collaborators to do the same as convenient for all of us to make the transition. Unreliability with Intel vs Silicon is a new wrinkle that I’d rather not deal with.

Especially if the updates come with a cost.
I'm almost certain that it will come with a cost. They have already said that Altiverb 7 will not be updated with silicon support. There will be a brand new version. I highly doubt it will be free to existing customers. I bet it will be good though.

Stein Tore