Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Old 11-11-2016, 04:05 AM

Default Re: Fine breakpoint adjustment change in 12.6 = Showstopper

If this is a deal breaker continue to use 12.5.2 until 12.6.1 comes out as Kyle stated earlier in the thread.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:26 PM

Having found this thread now I'm finally sure that there's no need to prolong that subscription plan.
I'll stay on PT 10 forever (Even if I already own a 12 License - it's because of that awful AVE)
One of the main reason for ProTools users not switching to other DAWs like many here in German and Austrian Filmpost have done already is that we DONT want to change our habits. When AVID starts changing their own trusted features then even that reason not to switch is gone!

www.meloton.de

Last edited by Normann Büttner; 11-18-2016 at 04:39 PM.
Old 11-30-2016, 12:49 PM
Avid

Hi All,

Thanks for your feedback regarding the breakpoint changes in 12.6 and patience while we worked on fixes. We have just released 12.6.1 with the following breakpoint editing improvements/fixes:

• Grid Toggle is disabled when adjusting automation, MIDI, or Clip Gain breakpoint controls in Slip Mode to avoid conflict with fine-control editing (PT-221294)

• Pressing the Command key (Mac) or Control key (Windows) while editing automation and MIDI breakpoints now suppresses Grid mode and enables fine-control editing. This is now consistent with breakpoint editing behavior for Clip Gain. Fine-control editing can be disengaged during mouse-down by releasing the Command key (Mac) or Control key (Windows), and then re-engaged by pressing the Command key (Mac) or Control key (Windows) again (PT-221952)

• Using the Smart Tool to add a breakpoint on a Clip Gain line no longer incorrectly constrains the breakpoint to the nearest grid line (PT-221919)

• Fixed multiple automation breakpoint editing inconsistencies with Grabber Tool (PT-221862)

12.6.1 Release Notes here.
Berkeley, CA
Old 11-30-2016, 01:09 PM

Default Fine breakpoint adjustment change in 12.6 = Showstopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
Hi All,

Thanks for your feedback regarding the breakpoint changes in 12.6 and patience while we worked on fixes. We have just released 12.6.1 with the following breakpoint editing improvements/fixes:

• Grid Toggle is disabled when adjusting automation, MIDI, or Clip Gain breakpoint controls in Slip Mode to avoid conflict with fine-control editing (PT-221294)

• Pressing the Command key (Mac) or Control key (Windows) while editing automation and MIDI breakpoints now suppresses Grid mode and enables fine-control editing. This is now consistent with breakpoint editing behavior for Clip Gain. Fine-control editing can be disengaged during mouse-down by releasing the Command key (Mac) or Control key (Windows), and then re-engaged by pressing the Command key (Mac) or Control key (Windows) again (PT-221952)

• Using the Smart Tool to add a breakpoint on a Clip Gain line no longer incorrectly constrains the breakpoint to the nearest grid line (PT-221919)

• Fixed multiple automation breakpoint editing inconsistencies with Grabber Tool (PT-221862)

12.6.1 Release Notes here.
Great news! Thanks for letting us know.

Does this update also address the slip/grid/"clutch" edit behavior introduced in 12.6 as far as editing and trimming waveforms is concerned? (Ie not just breakpoint editing). Didn't see that in the release notes.

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2016, 01:20 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolooki View Post
Great news! Thanks for letting us know.

Does this update also address the slip/grid/"clutch" edit behavior introduced in 12.6 as far as editing and trimming waveforms is concerned? (Ie not just breakpoint editing). Didn't see that in the release notes.

Thanks!
No. Grid Toggle for clip editing has not been changed. For instance, you can still switch between Grid and Slip modes while trimming clips via Command (Mac) or Control (Win) keys.
Berkeley, CA
Old 11-30-2016, 02:00 PM

Thanks Kyle. Great stuff in this release.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-30-2016, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
No. Grid Toggle for clip editing has not been changed. For instance, you can still switch between Grid and Slip modes while trimming clips via Command (Mac) or Control (Win) keys.

Is this something that would be addressed in the future?

Or is there any 3rd party way around it? That new behavior really interferes with my editing speed. I had rolled back to 12.5.2 just because of this.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2016, 02:31 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolooki View Post
Is this something that would be addressed in the future?

Or is there any 3rd party way around it? That new behavior really interferes with my editing speed. I had rolled back to 12.5.2 just because of this.

Thanks!

How is it interfering exactly? If you don't want to enable Grid when in Slip while trimming clips, just don't hold Command (Control) key.
Berkeley, CA
Old 11-30-2016, 02:42 PM

Might sound silly but- I swap from slip to grid quickly, so I am just used hitting cmd a lot when I edit regardless of what mode it's currently in. So I keep accidentally hitting it while in slip and the cursor suddenly is not where I want it any more. Basically my brain and hand are used to "holding cmd=fine adjustment" all the time. The new feature is now making me have to constantly check which edit mode I am in before making the edit. This is no bueno!

I feel like this is close to the same issue people had w fine breakpoint adjust issue that was fixed. It's something small that can be worked around but the extra thought now involved to edit as I always have is really distracting.

Hope that helps! Thanks for the reply.

Old 11-30-2016, 02:47 PM

Kyle, thanks for this and for posting here. Could you please have a look at this thread?

I posted this as you mentioned it in your post #139.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction