Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)

Old 01-24-2017, 09:49 AM

Default Sound and video randomly stops working when HD Native is selected as output.

Does anyone else have this problem? On a 2016 TB MacBook Pro if I have the HD Native selected as an output sometimes videos and sound will stop working and I'll have to switch the output to Internal Speakers for it work. If I switch it back and fourth a few times the HD Native will finally work again with sound and videos will play.

Any idea what's going on and how to avoid it?
Avid Artist Transport | Genelec 8351b Monitors | Genelec 7360A Subwoofer x2 | Slate Digital VMS Virtual Microphone
Old 01-24-2017, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Sound and video randomly stops working when HD Native is selected as output.

Drive issues? What drive is your video on? What device are you using for video playback or are you using desktop video? Codec? Wrapper?Track count? Need much more info to begin to help you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Aiton BSc (hons)
Audio Consultant, Dubbing Mixer/Sound Designer & Journalist

BAFTA member
IPS member

----------------------------------------------------------------------
www.mikerophonics.com
Old 01-24-2017, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Sound and video randomly stops working when HD Native is selected as output.

Sorry, I should have stated video within browsers. From FB videos to YouTube videos, sometimes, like right now, if the HD Native is selected as the output they won't play, neither will any sound or tracks in iTunes. There's something about when the HD Native is selected that, after a while, it prevents media from playing (it just appears frozen) but when I switch to Internal Speakers as output it sounds like a bunch of system sounds all playing at once trying to catch up.

So I'm not sure what kind of codecs or anything but when it happens system sounds don't work (like Skype message receiving sounds), iTunes won't play tracks and YouTube videos won't load. Again, changing the output causes everything to suddenly "catch up" and everything works again.

I have no idea how better to explain this bizarre behavior.
Avid Artist Transport | Genelec 8351b Monitors | Genelec 7360A Subwoofer x2 | Slate Digital VMS Virtual Microphone
Old 01-24-2017, 12:15 PM

I can't help you here as I don't have a mac laptop. I assumed wrongly that it was an Avid video engine issue. Sorry

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mike Aiton BSc (hons)
Audio Consultant, Dubbing Mixer/Sound Designer & Journalist

BAFTA member
IPS member

----------------------------------------------------------------------
www.mikerophonics.com