Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 07-14-2000, 11:27 AM

Default SDII/Digital Interface/Analog Interface Question

I recently found some older Digi gear that consists of Sound Designer II, A Nubus card, a Sound Tools Digital Interface and a Professional Analog Interface.

My question is: if I decide to actually try this out, can I use an older version of Protools instead of Sound Designer? Will, say, Protools 3.4 work with this hardware?
I'd love to see if it works, but don't want to invest the money or time if people have already tried it and come up bust.

Thanks! Any info would be greatly appreciated!

All the Best,
Patrick
[email protected]
Old 07-15-2000, 12:30 AM

Default Re: SDII/Digital Interface/Analog Interface Question

Karmitz,

Use PT 3.2 with DAE PWR Mix, works fine for me. For some reason, I couldn't get the system to come to life until I fired up SDII and reset the hardware.

With the WaveShell-RT you can also use the system as a 24 bit RT digital compressor for Vox or whatever.....a Bob Katz tip.

Regards

e