Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9

Old 11-04-2010, 06:06 PM

Default Digi CoreAudio Device Help

I just upgraded to Pro Tools 9 from 8 and now I cannot get the sound to come out through my Mbox 2. All sound is coming out of my internal speakers and the Mbox is clearly not engaged as usual. Pro Tools now shows me a Pro Tools Aggregate I/O device for hardware, yet it only has my internal I/O listed. When I go to system preferences I can see the Digi CoreAudio Device, but it does not allow me to select it.

Also, when I launch Digi CoreAudio Manager, it shows my Digidesign Hardware as unsupported device and status as Not Connected. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bill
Old 11-04-2010, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Digi CoreAudio Device Help

Go to set up, playback engin, from the drop down menu at the top of the window select mbox. Also, make sure you have installed the mbox drivers from the download.
Best
Old 11-04-2010, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Digi CoreAudio Device Help

Thanks for the quick reply. When I hit the drop down though I don't get the option for Mbox. I get Built-In Mic/Input/Output and Aggregate. I have ran all the updates as well. I tried to install the Standalone Digidesign CoreAudio Drivers v8.0.3 update, but I then had to reinstall Pro Tools 9. I guess it must come with a newer version.