Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks

Old 03-07-2003, 05:54 AM

Default Using Mezzo to archive and restore

I am using Mezzo to archive to AIT tape.

My question is for those who are archiving projects, and then restoring them later, adding changes, and so on.

If I archive by dragging the project over, that's great. owevber, in my woirk i create multiple projects of the same audio files - various mixes, versions, etc. How does this work? Does Mezzo make multiple backups of my audiofiles? Or does it
'look up' the files in the project that is created?

The reason for this is obvious - I can't afford multigigs of projects for each song I make.

How do you do it?

Does the original project become the basis for all others? Do you need to drag each ptools project over each time into the folder?

Thanx in advance for the insight....
Old 03-07-2003, 08:15 AM

Default Re: Using Mezzo to archive and restore

Hi,

Mezzo is supposly Session Wise but....

It works best when you drag the complete folder of your session, it will then see the session files and scan them, but the Audio Files will be backed-up only once.

Anyway, version 3.8 works better than the 4.x
Old 03-07-2003, 08:18 AM

Mezzo will only back up audio files one time for multipule sessions, you do have to drag and drop the new versions of your session to the project window. If you move that session to another drive mexxo will consider it a new session and do a complete backup of all the files again.
Old 03-07-2003, 11:38 AM

ok, I understand that.

What I'm trying to do is have folders in mezzo for each song. in each folder will be multiple Protools sessions. When I drag a new verison of my mix to Mezzo, it makes that ptools icon into another project.

The problem is that I want to be able to see justa list of the projects in mezzo - I archive them and number tham so I would rather see

rather than

multi
voc
test
split
remix

etc
etc....