Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 01-13-2017, 03:38 PM

Default MIDI controller is not working well with Pro Tools - requests power cycle on Command8

Hello!

This is my first thread so please be patient with me!

I'm working Pro Tools 11 and I'm using my new keyboard MIDI controller (Behringer MOTOR 49) for MIDI master keyboard and the motorized faders/knobs.

My biggest problem is that I do not know how to assign port 2 (port 1 for the keyboard and port 2 for the faders controls) into its place to control the faders in Pro Tools.

My keyboard uses MACKIE CONTROL protocol in order to work the faders into Logic X and Abelton.

I synchronized port 1 for the keyboard, but I have no clue on how to fit port 2 in. I tried using command8, HUI, and whatever I could find and assigning send and receive into port 2.

I get a continous message notifying me that comman8 and HUI aren't working and I need to perform a power cycle.

Please help me through this as I have a lot of projects hold ups resulting from this!

Thank you!!
Old 01-14-2017, 01:10 AM

Default Re: MIDI controller is not working well with Pro Tools - requests power cycle on Comm

Your Motor 49 will not control Pro Tools faders as it does not use the HUI or Eucon protocols. It only has Mackie Control which is not used by PT. I don't use midi instruments, so have a look in the PT manual to see how to set up midi.
Dell Precision 490 Workstation, dual 4 core 5355 Xeon, 16gb Samsung DDR2 ECC Ram - Windows 7 Ultimate - Nvidia GTX 650 - 3 x Internal WD Blacks - PT 2018.3 - Digi 002R - Original Mackie HUI - 3 screens - JBL Monitoring.
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790 - 24gb RAM - Windows 10 - Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB with Studio driver 546.01 - 2 x Internal Samsung 860 EVO SSDs, and MSATA card - Davinci Resolve Studio 18.6.4 - 3 screens - Blackmagic Speed Editor - MK1 Presonus Faderport - Canon C100 mk2 - Atomos Ninja 2 - Zoom H2n
Old 03-12-2017, 01:01 AM

Default Re: MIDI controller is not working well with Pro Tools - requests power cycle on Comm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadialbouni View Post
Hello!

This is my first thread so please be patient with me!

I'm working Pro Tools 11 and I'm using my new keyboard MIDI controller (Behringer MOTOR 49) for MIDI master keyboard and the motorized faders/knobs.

My biggest problem is that I do not know how to assign port 2 (port 1 for the keyboard and port 2 for the faders controls) into its place to control the faders in Pro Tools.

My keyboard uses MACKIE CONTROL protocol in order to work the faders into Logic X and Abelton.

I synchronized port 1 for the keyboard, but I have no clue on how to fit port 2 in. I tried using command8, HUI, and whatever I could find and assigning send and receive into port 2.

I get a continous message notifying me that comman8 and HUI aren't working and I need to perform a power cycle.

Please help me through this as I have a lot of projects hold ups resulting from this!

Thank you!!

Hi I just got a Motor 49 to use with PT12 partly after seeing demos with a ProTools preset on the screen ! Did you get it working ? I tried assigning midi cc to the transport controls but haven't been able to get PT to respond, help appreciated, thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk