Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 05-06-2008, 04:42 AM

Default music production toolkit activation problem

hi,

I have installed all the needed files that came with music production toolkit (MPTK)

I have gone on to http:/secure.digidesign.com/activation/ and I've input the code I got with MPTK

logged on to my ilok account and transferred the licenses and a double checked to see they transferred.

when I open pro tools it asked me to authorise the plugins, i tick the lock tab and click forward.

I then get a note saying that it can not find the license on my ilok, i know the license is on my ilok put it wont let me move on

has anyone got any ideas

thanks
Old 05-06-2008, 08:17 AM

Default Re: music production toolkit activation problem

I don't think you want the transfer option as that's for moving the license to another iLok account. Have you tried synchronizing the iLok with your account. It's this process that downloads the license to the USB iLok key.

http://www.myspace.com/philogg
Old 05-06-2008, 08:21 AM
Avid

Can you look at the window of the plug-in you're being asked about and tell us exactly what it is?

Very often, people accidentally install plug-ins that do not come with their bundle and these are the plug-ins you'll be asked about upon launch, since you don't actually have an authorization for them.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:28 PM

i bought Digidesigns Music Production Toolkit- Expand music tools

i installed all the plugins that cam eon the CD, there are no demo or trails on the CD. everything on the CD are full versions.

when i installed the CD plugins

which are:

* Digidesign Hybrid high-definition synthesizer
* TL Space Native Edition convolution reverb
* Smack! LE compressor
* SoundReplacer drum replacement tool
* DINR LE noise reduction plug-in

# Multi-track Beat Detective rhythm analysis and correction tool
# Up to 48 mono or stereo tracks at up to 96 kHz (Requires 96 kHz–capable Digidesign or M-Audio® hardware)
# Pro Tools MP3 Option

after i installed these programs i synchronize my ilok with the licences.

so my problem occurs when i open up protools.

as it loads up the new plugins is asked me to authorise them. the first window opens and i tick the box that says "use licences card" after this the authorise window will not let me go no further as it says the licence is not on my ilok. the licences are on my ilok as i have checked
Old 05-06-2008, 01:08 PM

You should not receive any authorization notices if your iLok is plugged in and has the correct licenses on it.

Are you using a USB hub or anything? Tried a different USB port for you iLok? Are you sure all licenses are actually ON your iLok, and not just sitting in your iLok.com web account?

Please post your complete system specs as well so we can see if there's anything else that might be causing issues. (Read the "help us help you" thread if you're unsure about what info to post).
Old 05-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Avid

Quote:

as it loads up the new plugins is asked me to authorise them.
* Digidesign Hybrid high-definition synthesizer
* TL Space Native Edition convolution reverb
* Smack! LE compressor
* SoundReplacer drum replacement tool
* DINR LE noise reduction plug-in
So, just to be absolutely sure - Pro Tools is asking for authorization for the plug-ins mentioned above, yes?

I have to be clear on this point - time and time again, we find people *think* they are being asked about those plug-ins, but they turn out to be something else.

Slim is correct - you should not be asked about authorization for these plug-ins if the iLok contains the authorizations and is plugged in. Is the green light on the iLok? Have you tried installing the latest PACE drivers from www.paceap.com? Which port do you have the iLok plugged into? Have you tried a different port?