Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2006, 07:31 AM

Default Wanted: MASSEY Metering plugin!

I think that most here will agree as to the quality of the Massey plugins. Mr. Massey, if you are listening, could you make a simple, accurate metering plugin? I would like it to be Accurate, Simple, have a way to make the warning levels adjustable, perhaps a way to make the meters themselves different sizes. I have tried most of the others, but came up lacking a bit.
Who else has suggestions on what they would like to see?
Old 11-30-2006, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Wanted: MASSEY Metering plugin!

Massey did develop the HF Meter when he was at TL. Very nice meter, but
does not work in PT7
Whether he is free to develop on that is unknown, you should email him directly.

I have been using Inspector XL which is now in Roger Nichols hands, its the most accurate out there.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:05 AM

An RTAS Tape Flanger, if that's even a possibility. With an interface that simulates applying pressure to the flange (imagine moving a fader on your control surface up or down, corresponding with varying amounts of pressure, with automation). Perhaps you'd have to "upload" the audio to be flanged into the virtual "tape reels" prior to doing the actual flanging.

A harmonizer/delay/modulation plug a la Eventide for PTLE, with presets.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:31 AM

Quote:
I have been using Inspector XL which is now in Roger Nichols hands, its the most accurate out there.
Me too. Unfortunately I'm still EAS customer and their plug is not PT7 compatible (it works, but makes system unstable). Until they have released all EAS plugs as RN versions, the old EAS customers are not offered any means to convert to RN cusromers. We will have to wait.

Does anyone know for sure if the Roger Nichols version of Inspector XL is PT7 compatible?
Old 12-02-2006, 02:54 AM

Click here I'm using the demo in 7.1 and that's working fine.

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system
Old 12-02-2006, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Me too. Unfortunately I'm still EAS customer and their plug is not PT7 compatible (it works, but makes system unstable).
I'm using the EAS UB of IXL on both a PPC dual G5 and a Macbook in PTLE 7.1.x with no instability at all, it's rock solid...
Old 12-02-2006, 01:06 PM

How is it unstable?

I have been running it on an HD2Accel G5 dual 2.0 for months now. It was a steal too... I do not do much with 192k sessions but up to 96k has been great. The Nichols update will, I guess, bring a new silly name to it and iLok compatibility.

charles maynes

Quote:
Quote:
Me too. Unfortunately I'm still EAS customer and their plug is not PT7 compatible (it works, but makes system unstable). Until they have released all EAS plugs as RN versions, the old EAS customers are not offered any means to convert to RN cusromers. We will have to wait.

Does anyone know for sure if the Roger Nichols version of Inspector XL is PT7 compatible?

Member IATSE Local 700, MPSE, ATAS, NRA & USMCHC.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:59 AM

A channel strip would be nice, I have been using his EQ and Compressor on my input channel for VO recording. Be nice to have an all in one EQ, COmpressor, De esser etc.