Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2015, 02:08 AM

Default Eleven Rack Issue

Hi, I seem to have two issues on the 11R which I have been using as a live unit not attached to computer until now (6 months). They might be related.

1.Running Protools 11 on my mac Book Pro OS X 10.10 but can't open 11R in the windows dropdown tab "its grey". I downloaded the Standalone Editor and it works ok, I can see it in my Audio Devices and Midi Devices. I set midi edit so I selected the 11r, no problem there either. Just can't get 11R working in PT11.

2. I thought if i bought the expansion pack it would update the firmware which was 1.0 not 2.0 as I saw as recommended for the editor. Purchased and downloaded but the installer told me my serial number and system ID does not match, this was cut and pasted from my product files in Avid so I don't know why its not matching.!! I have contacted Avid today and from other posts I might have a delay to get an answer. As the updated windows closes after the bad message, briefly there is a background message saying 11R not detected, please turn on and try again. I did many times but no luck.
I also saw Avid message to download a file with contains a folder to be placed in Application Support called avidelevenrack, and a subfolder called Pixie, did all the but no luck also.

Extra Info: "I RAN IN PT10 AND IT WORKS FINE", 11R is there and working, not updated of course.

Hope this sounds like a problem you can help with.
Jim D