How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2012, 12:05 PM

Default Changing sample rates between sessions BROKEN

Hey,

Been searching the web, I guess this is a really ambiguous search criteria so Im getting too many irrelevant results.

Has anyone else seen this issue and possibly have a solution??

Every SINGLE time I try to change my system's sample rate from anything to anything (typically Im going from 48Khz to 96Khz and back, but its broken on all changes) Pro Tools will hang really bad when I try to open the next session, my interfaces will often get randomly set to other sample rates (often the previous one but also some I never use), and I'll usually get an error from Pro Tools saying it couldn't set the specified sample rate.

I've tried everything in the standard troubleshooting practices. I've tried every conceivable order of switching over the sample rate, every order of powering the systems up, every option in the Audio Midi Setup app etc etc. I've done this so many times that I can now guarantee that if I have to switch sample rates it will cost me a minimum of 3hrs trying to get PT to open a session. Sometimes it takes longer.

The only thing thats marginally working is if I first quit Tools, reset my interfaces to the new sample rate, verify the change in the software control console for the interfaces, shut down the machine, power the interfaces off, restart my machine, once it boots power the interfaces up with a delay between each one, restart tools holding the N key, select a built in audio option, open the new session, then go and change the playback engine to the interface aggregate io I have setup (I've also tried using the default "Pro Tools Aggregate" as well as creating new aggregate io). This will often work fine but isn't 100% stable either. Even getting Pro Tools to this point takes some time.

I'm running PT 10.3.2 on a 2x2.8Ghz Quad-Core Xeon MacPro3,1 with 12GB ram running OSX 10.7.4. My interfaces are an Apogee Rosetta 200 (with the optional FireWire card), an Echo AudioFire12 (which is the interface that most gets randomly set to unspecified sample rates) and an AudioFire8. All my interfaces run on the Avid approved Siig TI chipset FireWire PCIe card with really expensive FireWire cables.

I've seen this issue since PT10 and all OSX 10.7 releases. Can't verify if I've ever had this on PT9 though.

Anyone have any insight?

http://www.Abravemix.com
Old 12-15-2012, 05:34 PM

Default Re: Changing sample rates between sessions BROKEN

I guess no one else is seeing this?

http://www.Abravemix.com