Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM

Default Re: fader automation stops during pass

My 2 brand new units arrived yesterday and BOTH of them affected.....

The retailer is trying to help me, thankfully, however I dont know how close to 30 days I want to get.

I remember when I bought them last week, the sales guy said he had nearly 100 in the warehouse.......hopefully they pull the bad ones and dont sell them.
Fire HD 10 usb-c 2019
iPad 6th Gen ios 12.4.1
2-S1's
Logic Pro X

Last edited by Barranca; 03-04-2020 at 10:52 PM.
Old 03-04-2020, 03:12 PM

Support has gotten to me and asked for shipping info also... progressing in a positive direction!

PTHD Ultimate/Eucon (latest betas) / Mac Studio Ultra 128GB RAM / Aja T-Tap / Sonnet M.2 4x4 PCIe 8TB / Focusrite 16Line / MTRX Studio / UAD Octo / 32 channel S1 & Dock (5) 2019 Fire HD 10 / Dolby Atmos 9.1.4 /Mastering Suite / 13.0 Sony 360RA
Old 03-04-2020, 04:05 PM

Is there a recall going on at Sweetwater? They're showing out of stock/pre-order now. IS it safe to assume an order from them will contain one of the newer units?
Old 03-04-2020, 10:55 PM

Bob, Are they shipping new directly to you? Very cool if so.

I am worried my retailer will try and deploy faulty ones from stock to me, so I am curious if I should just contact Avid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixboy bob View Post
Support has gotten to me and asked for shipping info also... progressing in a positive direction!
Fire HD 10 usb-c 2019
iPad 6th Gen ios 12.4.1
2-S1's
Logic Pro X
Old 03-05-2020, 06:46 AM

My retailer here in the UK has agreed to accept a return no questions asked out of the 30 day warranty, so they're obviously aware of the situation.
I think I will swap it for a Dock.
Old 03-05-2020, 08:29 AM
Avid

Please contact AVID Customer Support, not the dealer for this issue. No need to worry abut 30 days we will resolve it for you.
Old 03-05-2020, 08:30 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcoughlan View Post
Is there a recall going on at Sweetwater? They're showing out of stock/pre-order now. IS it safe to assume an order from them will contain one of the newer units?
Yes
Old 03-05-2020, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Yes
Order placed. Thanks!
Old 03-06-2020, 04:32 PM

Eddie, thank you for your help, however the 30 days is for those of us who have just purchased S1's as little as a few days ago and are experiencing the fader problem and are finding it tough to get a resolution.

My retailer says they know nothing about this issue, (both sales dept and the companies tech support want to send me replacements from their stock.

1) how will they know they are not sending me affected units as replacements?

2) since Avid support has only communicated to me once on my open case , indicating :
"""""Entered by: Raphael
For this reported problem, it may be required to send over the Avid S1 for repair.""""""
This is not cool as the reason i spent $2500.00+ was to get new working S1s, not used repaired S1s. Plus the down time for a repair turn around?

3) this retailer is Nation wide in the united states, and i am concerned for other potential new owners falling into my situation, and am really surprised that Avid has not communicated to them of this issue.

What would you advise I do at this point?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Please contact AVID Customer Support, not the dealer for this issue. No need to worry abut 30 days we will resolve it for you.
Fire HD 10 usb-c 2019
iPad 6th Gen ios 12.4.1
2-S1's
Logic Pro X
Old 03-06-2020, 04:38 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barranca View Post
Eddie, thank you for your help, however the 30 days is for those of us who have just purchased S1's as little as a few days ago and are experiencing the fader problem and are finding it tough to get a resolution.

My retailer says they know nothing about this issue, (both sales dept and the companies tech support want to send me replacements from their stock.

1) how will they know they are not sending me affected units as replacements?

2) since Avid support has only communicated to me once on my open case , indicating :
"""""Entered by: Raphael
For this reported problem, it may be required to send over the Avid S1 for repair.""""""
This is not cool as the reason i spent $2500.00+ was to get new working S1s, not used repaired S1s. Plus the down time for a repair turn around?

3) this retailer is Nation wide in the united states, and i am concerned for other potential new owners falling into my situation, and am really surprised that Avid has not communicated to them of this issue.

What would you advise I do at this point?
I would advise you to stick with Avid Customer Support. You will get a new unit before you need to send in your old unit. This has nothing to do with the 30 normal period so don't worry about it. What is your case number ?