Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2012, 05:43 PM

Default Dry Signal only

Hi guys - please be kind, I'm a noob to Pro Tools and to this forum and pulling my hair out with frustration!

So I have Pro Tools 10 set up on my Mac OS X system and it was working just fine when I was using an Edirol FIREWIRE FA 101 interface. Through that interface I could record tracks using external effects (Line 6 etc.)

I decided to 'upgrade' and invested in an Eleven Rack.

The Eleven Rack as a stand-alone is a cracking bit of kit. Worked straight from the box without a hitch.

My problems start, however when I try to use it in conjunction with Pro Tools.

Pro Tools seems to have found the Eleven Rack as it appears as a peripheral in the Hardware Setup screen.

It also shows as the default device in the Playback Engine setup screen.

Similarly, there it is again in the I/O setup screen.

Try as I might, however, I cannot seem to get the darned thing to show up as an I/O option when I create a new audio track. The only I/O options I have under 'interface' are In 1-2 (Stereo). Maybe that is the 11R, but I just need to rename it from the I/O setup screen....?

Anyway, the real problem is that the minute I launch ProTools (having been using the 11R in stand-alone mode through headphones) I lose the sound (which I expect to until I create and arm a track).

But, when I do create and arm a track I only get a dry signal coming back through the headphones and on playback only a dry signal has been recorded. All of those lovely amp simulations and effects have been lost!

So, dear friends, please point me in the right direction - what am I doing wrong?

I'm fairly sure that the problem is not with the 11R as it works fine till I launch Pro Tools....

Help - please!!

Dave
Old 12-14-2012, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Dry Signal only

you'll probable get further asking this down in the Guitar section
they know the ins and outs outs of the 11r more so than in this section

http://duc.avid.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 12-15-2012, 12:54 AM

Default Re: Dry Signal only

Thanks Craig - should I be deleting this post then? Will the forum police get hacked off with me for posting the same message twice?