How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 11-09-2012, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Output to Amp buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonis View Post
I hear you man. My frustration with forums is that a lot of time the subject gets diverted by unrelated/ closely or loosely related comments. And that is as a reader as well, not just when I post something. When I respond to threads I try to be concise and to the point (and I am not suggesting that you haven't or anything).

I absolutely understand what you're saying. But someone wants to help me here, it would be fantastic if it was a response to my query...no?
Understood.

I guess that's just the nature of free advice, and particularly of free advice on the next.

I've been on the `net since the mid-80s, back when Usenet was the only venue for this kind of interaction. My boss at the time cautioned me regarding technical advice offered on Usenet: that "most of it is wrong." Keeping that in mind for the past thirty years has served me well despite changes in venues.

On the flip side, I try hard to *not* be wrong when I offer advice. But the nature of written communication limits what can be inferred and subsequently expressed, especially when so many things can conceivably affect the outcome of any particular problem...

Good luck. I hope you get some resolution on this.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:51 PM

To answer the OP regarding whether the 1/4" Amp Outs on my 11R are clean - Yes, totally clean.

In thinking about it, what I would have done next is taken the signal out of the front jack and ran it to a mixer then line level out to PA amp to speakers or my Alesis actives. You can't really know what's coming out of the front by assuming the problem isn't related to a guitar amp - you have to run the signal to something known to be clean.

But I suppose it's a moot point because you already returned the 11R?

And OP, these guys are going out of their way to try and help a fellow guitarist. Hopefully you'll get it sorted out.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieDyedDevil View Post
Understood.

I guess that's just the nature of free advice, and particularly of free advice on the next.

I've been on the `net since the mid-80s, back when Usenet was the only venue for this kind of interaction. My boss at the time cautioned me regarding technical advice offered on Usenet: that "most of it is wrong." Keeping that in mind for the past thirty years has served me well despite changes in venues.

On the flip side, I try hard to *not* be wrong when I offer advice. But the nature of written communication limits what can be inferred and subsequently expressed, especially when so many things can conceivably affect the outcome of any particular problem...

Good luck. I hope you get some resolution on this.
Good post TDD. I''ll make an OT comment, there really are some great personalities and very knowledgeable helpful people here - yourself, moff, benoni, darryl and many many others. It really is a good forum albeit slowing down as 11R loses steam. Regarding advice: I'm not batting 1.000 here - which totally embarrasses me, but if I'm off on something I try and admit it. A portion of my background is technical work and I really strive to be accurate.

Very true regarding the limitations of written communication.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieDyedDevil View Post
Understood.

Not your years of forum experience but I'll be fast to take this under consideration and make it my rule of thumb.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvidEditor View Post
To answer the OP regarding whether the 1/4" Amp Outs on my 11R are clean - Yes, totally clean.
Cheers for that!!!!!!!!! This is the only straightforward answer I got!!!! Tell me where you live and I'll send you a pint of lager!

Bloody hell, this thread has made me sarcastic today!

Quote:
In thinking about it, what I would have done next is taken the signal out of the front jack and ran it to a mixer then line level out to PA amp to speakers or my Alesis actives. You can't really know what's coming out of the front by assuming the problem isn't related to a guitar amp - you have to run the signal to something known to be clean.

But I suppose it's a moot point because you already returned the 11R?
Good thinking, but moot because I did exactly that on the shop yesterday to prove my point. Did try that as home as well.

Anyhow....
Old 11-09-2012, 04:36 PM

AvidEditor, I seriously meant it about the beer though!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:51 PM

Antonis, you've now discovered the fact I love beer nearly more than life itself. Visit Portland Oregon and I accept your gracious offer and then I'll buy the next round. We'll get Portlander TyeDyed involved and see if he's a drinker. Thanks Antonis.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:45 AM

Hi antonis,

I know what you mean .... I can understand you well.

I had this the first time when I started with my new equipement.

11r from output to rme 800 input.

I had the same problem ... I donīt know what I have done. I think it was something with drivers, software installation or buffer size ? ... donīt ask me why ... it disappeared.

Now ... everything is fine ... all outs are working well at mixers or amps.
What about the I/O settings in PT ?
Maybe you have routed a "feedback" ...
Clear your settings and set them to default.

My PT didnīt show "ElevenRack" in the toolbar since I installed ElevenFree-Plugin.
... and I donīt know how to help myself.

good luck...
Old 11-10-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
We'll get Portlander TyeDyed involved and see if he's a drinker.
Bonfire, Goodfoot, Beuhlaland - that should answer your question...
Old 11-13-2012, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Antonis, you've now discovered the fact I love beer nearly more than life itself. Visit Portland Oregon and I accept your gracious offer and then I'll buy the next round. We'll get Portlander TyeDyed involved and see if he's a drinker. Thanks Antonis.
I'm all up for it!