How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Storage Subsystems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2012, 06:00 AM

Default Solid State Drive as a dedicated Sampler

Hi!

Ok... I know they're not pro tools qualifiedbut.... Currently using an asus 8gb computer and an external usb 3.0 hdd to great effect. Things are going well but when i start streaming a lot of samples and audio from the external drive i'm starting to get a few errors. Can't quite handle it.

What i'm thinking of doing is taking out my dvd drive and using the SATA as a port for a small SSD drive. (easily done, seen quite a few people have done this.) Then using this disc exclusively for either audio tracks or just samples.

Obviously i'd continue to use the external drive for whatever i was not using the SSD for.

The way i see it i'll have ultimate streaming and a lot less issues.

Could anyone please tell me if i'm being dumb, or what a good way to do this would be?

Thanks very much

:)