Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2010, 06:40 AM

Default buzz on the eleven rack

Hey i was wondering if someone can help.I have the eleven rack and i use it as my interface on my imac. When ever i record using the eleven rack sounds there is a lot of buzz and does not sound good at all.Even the clean sounds have a bit of distortion and a lot of buzz.Yet when i use guitar rig 3 every thing sounds right,No bad buzz,nice and clean even though im still using the eleven rack as my interface.What can I do the clean up the eleven rack?
Old 11-09-2010, 03:04 PM

Default Re: buzz on the eleven rack

Do you think you can upload sound?
Old 11-09-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padraic View Post
Hey i was wondering if someone can help.I have the eleven rack and i use it as my interface on my imac. When ever i record using the eleven rack sounds there is a lot of buzz and does not sound good at all.Even the clean sounds have a bit of distortion and a lot of buzz.Yet when i use guitar rig 3 every thing sounds right,No bad buzz,nice and clean even though im still using the eleven rack as my interface.What can I do the clean up the eleven rack?

You sure you don't have the Cab sim bypassed?
Old 11-09-2010, 05:50 PM

Are you talking about noise that exists with no guitar being played, or noise that is introduced to the signal as guitar is played? or both?
Old 11-09-2010, 10:43 PM

from my experience, It seems when guitar cable touches the usb cable from external hard drive, i think I get buzz. I just turn off eleven rack and restart computer and works fine.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:07 PM

Location: Current: Ikebukuro, Tokyo, Hails from: San Francisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashhak View Post
from my experience, It seems when guitar cable touches the usb cable from external hard drive, i think I get buzz. I just turn off eleven rack and restart computer and works fine.
just pointing out, USB hard drives aren't recommended for use with PT. They cause a whole lot of problems with the set up. Best not to use them in the first place.
RME Fireface 800
Eleven Rack
Old 11-09-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgt621 View Post
just pointing out, USB hard drives aren't recommended for use with PT. They cause a whole lot of problems with the set up. Best not to use them in the first place.
Oh really! I didn't know, thanks for letting me know.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgt621 View Post
unless you are on PC and Pro Tools 9, then Firewire drives are not supported. Again, ONLY for PT9 if you are on 8, then USB drives are not supported.

your best bet on either PC or Mac, for an external drive, is E-Sata. If you dont need portability than i highly recommend adding another internal drive or more.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-12-2010, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padraic View Post
Does it sound right coming out of Eleven's Headphone Output?
Old 11-13-2010, 05:33 AM

Okay one more...I had the buzz this morning.

What's the clock? Internal or?

I have AES I/O on an Aurora & the Eleven plus I've been using the Eleven Engine(USB) with PTHD at times so yeah sometimes I use the Digi Internal & sometimes I use the Lynx as the Clock but it hadn't mattered much since I upgraded to PT9 until this morning.

Suddenly I had the buzz...and sure enough when I switched to the Lynx for clocking(I was using AES) it went away. Anyway it was weird, because I hadn't changed anything since yesterday & it wasn't there.