Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 05-02-2020, 10:40 AM

Default Does Pro Tools ultimate upgrade include legacy license with surrender?

Does Pro Tools Ultimate upgrade from Pro Tools 11 include legacy license with surrender and is there a perpetual license upgrade option? I ask because i still have plenty of sessions on 10 and 11 I still want access to and I definitely do not want to go subscription. I'm just trying to figure out if I need to buy a completely new Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual license or if I can save the $700 and upgrade but still have access to my old sessions on older versions.

Last edited by spiritfallrecording; 05-03-2020 at 08:42 AM.
Old 05-09-2020, 04:12 AM

Default Re: Does Pro Tools ultimate upgrade include legacy license with surrender?

Hi Jeff
I’m not an expert just a user but In my experience the answer is yes, I recently upgraded my PT HD10 perpetual using one of the Upgrade and Support Re instalment licences that are still available from third-party resellers and I can now run 10,11,12 and Ultimate (+ digilink licence)
Avid no longer sell these and I think if you cross grade to a subscription licence you don’t get access to the legacy licences but I can’t confirm that.
Kim
Old 05-09-2020, 04:47 AM

Default Re: Does Pro Tools ultimate upgrade include legacy license with surrender?

AFAIK subscription does not give you access to 10/11/12
Old 05-09-2020, 08:38 AM

All sessions from 10 and 11 should open and run fine in the latest version(as long as they are all NOT saved in SD II format for the PT10 sessions). The only wrinkle in that is that some plugins changed between PT10 and PT11. Worst case; you need to revisit some plugins

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 05-09-2020, 08:41 AM

Yes, the .ptx session format is compatible. Also the version of AAX in PT10 is 32bit and PT11 and later are 64bit but it is usually not a problem going to the current version; instead, if you for some reason need to use PT10 it has became hard to find those old 32bit AAX installers. Just something you need to be aware of.

And I can confirm if you have sessions with SD2 files you need to convert those to WAV with PT10 or earlier. Would also recommend converting AIF to WAV but that is a bit easier.
Old 05-11-2020, 11:43 AM

if you buying a reinstalled for an older license you will not loose your older license but IT WILL BE BUNDLED with the new licenses in ONE package.
see screen shot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-05-11 at 11.41.57 AM.jpg (23.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-11-2020, 12:33 PM

*A reinstated license

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————