Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 01-19-2000, 03:22 PM

Default Automation on record enabled tracks

I'm surprised to see that when you record enable a track its automation is disabled. Why?

I use PT as a automated synth mixer. Since I want to print the tracks when I'm done writing, my inputs are record enabled audio tracks. Aux inputs don't work for me - too many busses needed to route them to audio tracks at the end, especially since record busses and aux sends are the same.

I read about workarounds (using Aux inputs, then recording the same inputs to audio tracks & copy/paste automation data), but they are a big hassle if you're talking about ~60 tracks, manually copying plug-ins etc. Digidesign, can't you just NOT disable automation in record? Any other workaround?

Klaus Badelt
media ventures, Santa Monica, CA