Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-12-2003, 04:34 AM

Default triggering samples in reason from PT LE

I have PT LE 6.1 with rewire. I have reason 2.5. I am wanting to use drum midi tracks from PT to trigger drum kits or samples from either REX or either of the two samplers. I load a sample in the samler or the REX kit and then assign the midi on an auxillary track and then hit play and it should just trigger the sample, well it trys to play a default song in reason which I don't have setup and don't want to. Can you just trigger samples in Reason or do you have to program a song and that is the only thing that can be used in PT? Any insight will be helpful.
Thanks.
Old 09-12-2003, 06:02 AM

Default Re: triggering samples in reason from PT LE

first of all, you can get rid of the default song by simply deleting all the instruments. secondly, you can create your own default song (template). its in the preferences on the first "page". my template consists of a mixer with reverb, delay and chorus sends. it's all set to go when i start adding instruments.

next, i'm not quite sure what you're getting at by your original question. your terminology is off... i think you're trying to do one of 2 things - either load loops or a midi drum kit.

if its loops you're after, create a dr.rex player in reason, load your loop, then hit the "to track" button and it will dump the sequence to the reason sequencer for that track. then when you hit play in PT, it will play it in sync. you can adjust the sequence to taste. sometimes i load a few loops together and quantize the sequence. experiment.

if you're trying to get midi drums going, create a redrum in reason, then load a kit. then in PT, create a midi track and set the input to your midi controller and the output to that redrum (it will show up in the list of midi outputs). then rec arm the track and you're all set.

if you want to use the nn-xt sampler, do the same thing as above, but i don't think there are any drum kits for nn-xt. however, you can import soundfonts to nn-xt and there's tons of those floating around the internet.

good luck...