Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2014, 10:35 PM

Default Burned CD plays back too fast!!!!!

Total newbie here, working with pro tools express, OS windows 7.... Recorded my 1st project, bounced song to my music library, burned cd using windows media player.... The cd plays back fine/normal speed on my computer, however when I play the cd on my other computer or my blu ray player it plays back Alvin and chipmunks speed!!!

used the following settings:

File type: wav
format: interleaved
bit depth: 16 bit, also tried 24
sample rate: 44.1
conversion quality: tweak head (slowest)

Please help!!!! Running out of cd's and patience!!!!

PS no playback/speed issues of my recording on pro tools, just the playback of burned cd on other devices....
Old 02-15-2014, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Burned CD plays back too fast!!!!!

I've never trusted Windows Media Player to burn audio CDs. Try re-burning using a decent open-source burning tool.
Old 02-15-2014, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel92009 View Post
Total newbie here, working with pro tools express, OS windows 7.... Recorded my 1st project, bounced song to my music library, burned cd using windows media player.... The cd plays back fine/normal speed on my computer
Are are you writing an mp3/"Data CD" to the CD or actually burning a Redbook CD/"Audio CD"? There is more going on here that is not explained. Does the content play back OK in Media Player as well as on your computer? What CD player are you testing on? Can you test on another? Can you rip content from a RedBook CD and write it back to the CD-RW you are trying to and does that work? It might help if you can describe your whole workflow and include screenshots of the relevant program settings you are using.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:10 PM

Darryl, creating a wav file from the pro tools express file drop down menu (bounce).... Audio plays back fine when I'm mixing and editing.... After track was completed, I bounced the track to burn a cd.... burned cd playback is too fast.... also, playback of saved bounced file using windows media player is too fast.... as well, emailed myself a zip file of track, playback of that file is too fast.... I tested on my blu ray player, cd player in my car, PC cd player.... I hope this is enough info....
Old 02-18-2014, 10:14 PM

Darryl, forgot to mention that I uploaded my pro tools express on another laptop to check and make sure my laptop wasn't defective.... created a quick song to bounce.... Same issues on both laptops! I'm at a loss....