Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-13-2013, 07:20 PM

Default Blackmagic Extreme & playback engine issue

version pro tools - 10.3.3
blackmagic extreme 3d - 9.6.9
mac - 10.8.2
2 x 2.66 GHz 6-core intel xeon
16 GB 1333 MHxz DDR3

This is a brand new machine, new Pro Tools install and new audio/graphics card. Audio input and output tested in media composer and working fine.

This issue I'm having in Pro Tools is the playback engine provides two entries for the blackmagic card. The first one maps input channels but not output channels so that on the track and mixer routing it says "mapped output inactive no path available". If I click on the other blackmagic entry in the playback engine I get the opposite - "shows all paths input n/a, no input mapping but output mapping. I am able to playback and hear audio with this second entry (but not the first) but the main issue is I cannot record within either setting due to PT's requiring active activation of both input and outputs but I can't figure out a way to set them both up. The error message I get is this one;

"track could not be record-enabled because it doesn't have both an active input and output assigned"

I don't know why PT's is seeing these two instances of the blackmagic card rather than just one. I have loaded and unloaded both PT's and the blackmagic drivers but to no avail. When the blackmagic drivers are unistalled they are not present in the playback engine as expected.

I have no idea what to do about it.
Simon