Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2000, 06:42 PM

Default \"Not Enough Space on Selected Drive\" mystery!!!

Got another for you guys: I have been going through this session (also discussed in the "exploding noise" thread)...I have already done one bounce to disk and burned a CD, decided to fix up the mix a little, went to bounce again to the same 9.5 gig partition (of a 20 gig internal drive) and Pro Tools says I don't have enough space on the selected drive...I'VE GOT OVER 5 GIGS LEFT ON IT!!! What is going on here? Things are slowly coming unraveled here. Digi, what is this- anyone have the same experience (plenty of room to bounce, but PT insists there's not enough room)???
Old 04-12-2000, 05:19 AM

Default Re: \"Not Enough Space on Selected Drive\" mystery!!!

I've had the same problem, one minute the disk available indicater window says you've got 3 gig free next it's saying it's full!

It will still record but with 20 second or so wait before display catches up and it starts recording.

Digi can you fix this?

(NB I'm a new user so forgive me if I'm doing something basic wrong here)

Old 04-12-2000, 07:27 AM

I'm not an 001 user, and this may be totally a dumb suggestion....but.... when you bounce, are you just telling it to bounce? or are you first using the I-beam tool to highlight what you want to bounce...it only needs to be one track highlighted....what you are doing is telling the program that it needs to bounce from "a" to "b" instead of telling it to bounce from "a" to "unknown"...this used to be a workaround with older PT systems while trying to record a single track; the program thought it had to allocate the rest of the whole drive, and basically said "uh-uh"...maybe this problem of yours is a relative come back from the grave...???

[This message has been edited by Gary Stadler (edited April 12, 2000).]
Old 04-12-2000, 09:45 AM

You know what, Gary- I think you're right! I bounce a ton of stuff to disk, usually selecting what it is I need to bounce, but in pure audio sessions (no MIDI tracks), the bounce automatically stops after the last audible signal is no longer present, so I got into the habit of not selecting the desired bounce material. HOWEVER, the specific session I wanted to bounce this time had one single MIDI track (for drums) and I don't think I highlighted what I needed to bounce so the MIDI track just went on into infinity (along with the Aux input track I was using to monitor my sound module)..in fact last night I got home, tried the bounce with the material highlighted, and it went fine. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 04-13-2000, 12:59 AM

Cool! I thought this was a dead issue that had to do with HD partition sizes, that had been dealt with by Digi and Apple and put to rest....but I guess it's still around! Oh well, glad to have helped!!
Old 04-17-2004, 12:57 AM

Just started recieving this file error. I am bouncing LCR, 35 min, with over 2gigs. I don't always get the error, but its unpredictable and does not give me the error until the bounce is done. Big waist of time. I always select and highlight the timeline for a bounce.

Any suggestions?

Thanks