Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 11-19-2011, 09:15 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 will NOT support RTAS plugins!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlemos View Post
i hope that PT11 will be Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious. take that mac forums!
What he said.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanrock View Post
From Albee

The cool thing about digital is; there's 4 ways to do everything. The bad thing about digital is; there's 4 ways to...........

Albee I love you bro, but this saying of yours is gettin a little old...
Just waiting for a new one to come along. How 'bout...."the future ain't what it used to be"?

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-19-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Just waiting for a new one to come along. How 'bout...."the future ain't what it used to be"?
I like that!

ALSO

Just read this from someone's blog....

Heard it from the mouth of Avid the other day at a tech breakfast. AAX is the new format and their explanation is that PT 11 will be 64 bit, and the new AAX format will make better use of 64 bit technology. RTAS and TDM are 15 years old now. I even asked them directly "Will PT 11 support RTAS?" Their answer: "No!". Everyone there was stunned too.

p.s. All plug in manufacturers are working as we speak on AAX versions. Be prepared to open your wallet if you upgrade. Go Logic lol

There we have it!
Old 11-19-2011, 07:49 PM

yea we do need some better plug inns! 64bit and the new format hopefully can deliver that. to bad it took me 10yrs to finally get all the TDM ones for my pro tools MIX system lol! maybee 10 years from now ill be able to update to the new software and new formats, but for now people just listen to music on their mp3 players so im sticking with my MIX system. 13dsp cards, 32i/o, 4uads, 4powercores, every plug in compatible, and runs 100% perfect and still records amazing music that sounds great (all that matters to me) ill take the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ that it would cost me to upgrade and buy all new plugs, interfaces, cards ect ect and just buy more REAL analog gear. real LA2A'S will always sound better than a plug in replica, vst rtas or AAX!
Mac g4 ,Pro Tools 24/Mix7 6.4.1cs4, 44/24 Trident 24,powercore (4),uad1 (4),waves apa. Avalon 737,Jomeek sc2,Jomeek vc1(2x),jomeek vc5, joemeek vc6,jomeek twinQ (green),symetric 525 (2x) dbx 376,dbx 586,lexicon mpx100, lexicon alex,alesis quadra verb2,roloand srv 2000(2),berhinger dualflex2,mackie pro control,korg trition 88 and 61,yamaha rs700,korg ms2000,akai s5000,akai mpc4000, ecler360,1200mg5(2x)motu express xt,motu2408, ensonic kmk8 midi merger,asrXpro,darkstar synth, yamaha dx200 & dx100
Old 11-21-2011, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tny840 View Post
yea we do need some better plug inns! 64bit and the new format hopefully can deliver that. To bad it took me 10yrs to finally get all the tdm ones for my pro tools mix system lol! Maybee 10 years from now ill be able to update to the new software and new formats, but for now people just listen to music on their mp3 players so im sticking with my mix system. 13dsp cards, 32i/o, 4uads, 4powercores, every plug in compatible, and runs 100% perfect and still records amazing music that sounds great (all that matters to me) ill take the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ that it would cost me to upgrade and buy all new plugs, interfaces, cards ect ect and just buy more real analog gear. Real la2a's will always sound better than a plug in replica, vst rtas or aax!
I agree!!! You are 1 smart dude!!!
Old 11-22-2011, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Why are you going off about all the poor starving people here? I was making a point about corporate greed (potentially Avid) and wall street protesters. That's what this forum is here for to talk about anything and evrything connected to Pro Tools.

I give money to OUR homeless people here all the time when I have it... As well as help rescue animals and I give my prayers for the starving people in Africa and everywhere else in the world. What do you give?

Did you buy Pro Tools 10 and move FORWARD? I did...
If you don't like corporate greed, don't get sucked into it. The occupy wall street people should be spreading the word to people to not charge up tens of thoussands of dollars on credit cards instead of standing in front of buildings. As long as people keep getting conned into paying 30% interest on stuff they probably didn't need, the big banks will continue to be big and greedy. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if many of the people at those protests are charging their expenses for the protest on credit cards.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 11-22-2011, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 will NOT support RTAS plugins!

Quote:
Come on Avid fess up and let every one here know what you're really going to do once and for all, please...
Plan for them not to work, then if they do you'll have a nice surprise. If they don't, you'll be ready.

Sometimes you just can't architecturally continue to support an old format and grow the platform at the same time. Some things just can't be done.

I'd say for everyone worried about RTAS not working, there are just as many, if not more people saying "AVID move into the future!". They simply can't win or please everyone, so what do they do? Probably what they are doing. Giving you notice PT10 is the last of the 32 bit versions of PT. Provide AAX, TDM and RTAS support in PT10 and then cut the cord so their platform can progress into the future.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:17 AM
Avid

Exclamation Re: Pro Tools 11 will NOT support RTAS plugins!

Please focus on the topic and leave out the personal insults. See the Forum Terms of Use if that isn't clear enough.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I like that!

ALSO

Just read this from someone's blog....

Heard it from the mouth of Avid the other day at a tech breakfast. AAX is the new format and their explanation is that PT 11 will be 64 bit, and the new AAX format will make better use of 64 bit technology. RTAS and TDM are 15 years old now. I even asked them directly "Will PT 11 support RTAS?" Their answer: "No!". Everyone there was stunned too.

p.s. All plug in manufacturers are working as we speak on AAX versions. Be prepared to open your wallet if you upgrade. Go Logic lol

There we have it!
I guess I fail to see what concerns you on this. The ones that are being put out the most here are the plugin devs, not us.

We get a complete re-write of PT to optimize, modernize, and significantly improve the performance and capabilities of the software. Most plugin devs are already announcing free updates to AAX, and others are offering version updates which will include AAX at a very modest price (to clarify, you would have been paying for it anyways, as they are launching a new version, it's not costing you because of the format change).

The plugin devs get put in a bit of a weird place, not wanting to upset us with upgrade prices, but also having to spend money on the format switch. However, it's also good for them because AAX is far more capable than RTAS or TDM in pretty much every way.

Seriously, I just do not at all understand why you're upset by any of this.

Especially considering the fact that if you for some reason hate better performance, you can always stick with what you have right now!

Quite frankly, I CAN'T WAIT for PT11. I have fantasies of PT11 running as light and fast as Reaper every day. Fingers are crossed
Old 11-23-2011, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11 will NOT support RTAS plugins!

Read this thread. See your future. Be your future.

PT 2023.12 Ultimate | Clarett+ 8Pre | macOS 13.6.3 on a MacBook Pro M1 Max
PT 2023.12 | Saffire Pro 40 | Win10 latest, HP Z440 64GB