Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-30-2006, 03:32 PM

Default Waveforms not displaying proper gain when bussing?

Hello. I don't know if this has been covered somewhere else, but my search revealed nothing, and searching the duc is pretty difficult to find anything relating.

I'm autotuning and bussing to another track. fader is at zero. i record to the new track, and voila! the waveform looks as though it is about 6 db lower. i copy the region back to the original track, everything looks good.

it's just a pain in the ass when trying to line up to the sample level.

any helpers?

pt Le 7.1 cs4 (i think)
Old 04-30-2006, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Waveforms not displaying proper gain when bussing?

check your vertical zoom settings.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:32 PM

Default Re: Waveforms not displaying proper gain when bussing?

How are you sending to the second track? Make sure you're either using a mono bus output from the original or pan hard left (or right) to the bus you're using as the input on the second.
Old 04-30-2006, 09:30 PM

Default Re: Waveforms not displaying proper gain when buss

not sure where the vertical zoom settings are, or how they would affect how one track looks, and not the other.

i am using a mono buss. the track is not actually down in volume, it just looks down, until i pull it up to the track i'm bouncing from.

i was just wondering if anybody else has seen this problem.

jd
Old 05-01-2006, 09:35 AM

Actually, I've seen this problem ever since the PT 7 upgrade (currently running 7.1cs6) Never really thought about it much since I could usually care less what the waveform looks like, but it's definitely happening just the way you describe it.

I've run across it while Autotuning as well; I'll set the output of my vocal track to, say, bus 32, and create a 'tuned' audio track with input 32. Stick Autotune on the vocal track, tweak a phrase, then record it to the tuned track. When you look at the waveforms side by side on the vocal and the tuned track, the tuned version appears several dB down. And yes, I've made sure my vocal track volume is set to 0, and there's no other plugins active on that track. The meters read correctly at the same volume.

Thankfully, when I move the newly tuned region back to a new playlist on the other track, it magically appears at the right volume. Strange!
Old 05-02-2006, 02:04 PM

good, i'm not the only one. i also noticed yesterday that when i copied a region from one track, and pasted it onto a track below that the same thing happened. i don't get it.

any ideas digi?