Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 12-16-2018, 10:22 AM

Default Elastic Audio crashes when trying to commit

Hello all, I have this problem and am wondering if any of you guys are experiencing it, and if so, have any solutions. I can turn on EA no problem, change tempo and playback no problem, but everytime when I try to commit the EA onto the track, it crashes... I'm running Pro Tools 2018 on Windows 10, went through 3 updates but problem still here. If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it,I've tried to reinstall, trash preference etc to no avail. Thanks in advance for any help

Last edited by howie300; 12-17-2018 at 09:46 PM.
Old 12-18-2018, 05:20 AM

Default Re: Elastic Audio crashes when trying to commit

Can someone help me? Thanks!
Old 12-18-2018, 09:07 AM

No help without a lot more detail. Read the thread from the top of this(and every) DUC page called Help Us Help You

Shooting from the hip(since EA works fine here, also 2018.8 on Windows 10):
1-are you trying to commit all tracks at once? Try one at a time
2-bus each track to a new audio track and record(time consuming, but gets around the issue)
3-what is your playback buffer set to? Set to the highest available number to reduce strain on the system(not sure it will help, but try anything)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 12-18-2018, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie300 View Post
Hello all, I have this problem and am wondering if any of you guys are experiencing it, and if so, have any solutions. I can turn on EA no problem, change tempo and playback no problem, but everytime when I try to commit the EA onto the track, it crashes... I'm running Pro Tools 2018 on Windows 10, went through 3 updates but problem still here. If anyone can help, I'd greatly appreciate it,I've tried to reinstall, trash preference etc to no avail. Thanks in advance for any help
Have you tried consolidating the track instead? I’m not really sure what the sonic difference between doing that and “committting” is really, but I’ve never noticed anything in particular. Might be a workaround for now. (I’m on Mac and no crashes here)
Old 12-31-2018, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
No help without a lot more detail. Read the thread from the top of this(and every) DUC page called Help Us Help You

Shooting from the hip(since EA works fine here, also 2018.8 on Windows 10):
1-are you trying to commit all tracks at once? Try one at a time
2-bus each track to a new audio track and record(time consuming, but gets around the issue)
3-what is your playback buffer set to? Set to the highest available number to reduce strain on the system(not sure it will help, but try anything)

Sorry for the late reply, thanks for your help! I’ll try these suggestions first, and I’ll also goto the “help us help you” thread to better present my question. I tried one at a time, first the first track it might work sometimes, but it’ll freeze if I go on to the next track, and I’ve tried setting the buffer to the highest level, still doesn’t work. Anyway I’ll keep trying, thanks again!
Old 12-31-2018, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
Have you tried consolidating the track instead? I’m not really sure what the sonic difference between doing that and “committting” is really, but I’ve never noticed anything in particular. Might be a workaround for now. (I’m on Mac and no crashes here)

Thanks for your suggestion! I’ll try consolidating instead, I also don’t know the difference between consolidating the tracks and commiting the process, sounds iffy though, let me experiment. Thanks!
Old 12-31-2018, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by howie300 View Post
Thanks for your suggestion! I’ll try consolidating instead, I also don’t know the difference between consolidating the tracks and commiting the process, sounds iffy though, let me experiment. Thanks!
From memory any crossfades on the EA track may not consolidate correctly so it might be worth checking them. (Can't remember if this was sorted in a . release or not.)
Old 01-02-2019, 01:25 AM

right, it used to be the crossfades
Old 08-28-2019, 08:22 AM

Hello all, I am wondering if anyone has any solutions to or has experienced this problem?

Here is what is happening for me. I am editing tracks with elastic audio. I have tried all of the modes (mono, poly, rhythmic). Elastic audio engages fine and I can analyze and warp the markers perfectly.

The problem comes when I try to change from the selected mode to X-Form, and then again from X-Form to commit.

9/10 times when watching the progress window, the little progress circle will stop spinning, the Mac beach ball of death will appear and the system window will say pro tools is not responding. Then I have to quit pro tools, reopen the session and change the mode. Then it commits fine (either to x-form or complete commit) whichever I am trying to do at the moment.

This problem happens whether I have hardware connected or not (Apollo 8p and Twin Solo) whether I am using external hard drives (combo of thunderbolt 2, usb 3, Sata and SSD).

I'm running a 2018 15" MacBook Pro, 10.14.5, 2.9ghz 6core i9, 32gb RAM
Pro tools version 2019.6
Old 11-29-2019, 10:00 AM

I have the same issue. I am using PT 2019.6 on Mojave with a new Mac Mini i7, 64 GB memory.

I have never seen this issue before with any previous versions of Pro Tools and I still have a Mac Pro running Mavericks with PT 10.3.10, and EA never freezes . . . it never has for me anyway.

With PT 2019.6, if I try to "Commit EA" for all drum tracks . . . the wave forms turn to ghost tracks and then after about 5 seconds, PT 2019 is frozen and I have to force quit. The work around for me was to ungroup drum tracks and "Commit EA" on each track individually . . . but what a waist of time. And an even bigger waste of time would be print each track. To me . . . this is a major step backwards and I cannot figure out what is the cause or how to fix it.

I don't have an issue as long as I only "Commit EA" on one or two tracks at a time but anything beyond that means a freeze. Any moderators following this thread? If so, please chime in and thanks.

Also ProTools 2021.12, 002R,; Mac Pro: 2 x 3.46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon; 128 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC; Serial ATA Drives (Journaled HFS+): 2 x OWC Mercury Electra 3G 2 TB SSD; 3 x Seagate Barracudas 1.0 TB; External Firewire Drives (Journaled HFS+): 4 x Seagate Barracudas 1.5 TB and 6 x Seagate Barracudas 1.0 TB