Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 06-18-2019, 06:18 PM

Default Early renewal of Update Plan for PT perpetual

I read on Pro Tools Expert that if you renewed your PT annual plan for multiple years before the July 1/19 deadline, you could renew at the current price. I have the Pro Tools (vanilla) "Perpetual Product" and had the "Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan" since it started. It currently costs $99 U.S. ($130 Canadian, plus tax) per year. Avid has announced that the annual renewal price for PT "Perpetual Product" will double after July 1/19. When I went to the Products page in my Avid Account it only shows the option to buy the "Pro Tools Update & Support Plan Renewal - 1 - Year Software Updates & Support Plan Renewal". I contacted Avid Support and was told that if you complete the "Buy" process multiple times, it will extend your plan for a year each time at the current price. I thought it worthwhile to extend mine for three years. My plan wasn't due to expire until Oct/2019, but as I renewed today, it now confirms my new expiry date will be Oct/2022. Hope this information is useful for others who may be considering their options.

MSI X99A SLI Plus LGA2011, i7 5930 3.5 GHZ 6 core 12 threads, Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4 2400MHZ, NVIDIA Quadro K2200, LG 16x Blu-ray writer, Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD for OS, Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 1 TB SSD for samples, four WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 6Gb/s 7,200 RPM drives (audio, samples, video x 2), EVGA Supernova 750W G2 PSU, Corsair Cooling Hydro H100I V2, W 10 Pro, 4 TB WD USB3 external backup, PT 2020.5, IK Sampletank 4 Max, AIR IEP, Wavelab Pro 10, RME Fireface UFX w USB2 connection.
Old 06-18-2019, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Early renewal of PT perpetual annual plan

Yes, thank you. I was thinking about doing that. Or more likely buying it from an outside dealer where I can get a discount.

I'm kind of curious though. If I stop upgrading, do I get to keep the current version? I have a perpetual license. Or does it go back to 12? I guess this may belong elsewhere.
Old 06-18-2019, 07:34 PM

Thank you drh1, the exact info. I was after, this is the same position I am in(Pro Tools (vanilla) "Perpetual Product" and had the "Pro Tools Annual Upgrade Plan),my present plan doesn't expire till Dec. 2019, I very was concerned that if I renewed now I would miss out on 6 months of my present plan,the other threads on this are very confusing. I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that are in the same position and are having the same dilemma. Do I or don't I renew before July 1/19? with months left on my current plan. It's good to know it will update to the original date of your current plans renewal date, and that if you repeat buy it will extend, and keep your original month of expiration.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizziF View Post
Yes, thank you. I was thinking about doing that. Or more likely buying it from an outside dealer where I can get a discount.

I'm kind of curious though. If I stop upgrading, do I get to keep the current version? I have a perpetual license. Or does it go back to 12? I guess this may belong elsewhere.
From the information posted by Avid, if you stop paying for the yearly renewals with the perpetual licence you will still have the continued use of the current version at that point in time. In other words, if you bought a perpetual version of PT 12 a couple of years ago and subsequently updated this to the current perpetual licence for 2019.5 and you decide not to renew the subscription on the annual date you will be able to continue using the 2019.5 version in future. However, you won't be able to get any updates without paying (according to the statements provided by Avid).

MSI X99A SLI Plus LGA2011, i7 5930 3.5 GHZ 6 core 12 threads, Kingston HyperX Fury 64GB DDR4 2400MHZ, NVIDIA Quadro K2200, LG 16x Blu-ray writer, Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD for OS, Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 1 TB SSD for samples, four WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 6Gb/s 7,200 RPM drives (audio, samples, video x 2), EVGA Supernova 750W G2 PSU, Corsair Cooling Hydro H100I V2, W 10 Pro, 4 TB WD USB3 external backup, PT 2020.5, IK Sampletank 4 Max, AIR IEP, Wavelab Pro 10, RME Fireface UFX w USB2 connection.
Old 06-20-2019, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobi_dog View Post
I'm sure there are a lot of people out there that are in the same position and are having the same dilemma. Do I or don't I renew before July 1/19? with months left on my current plan. It's good to know it will update to the original date of your current plans renewal date, and that if you repeat buy it will extend, and keep your original month of expiration.
My Annual Upgrade Plan expires on Aug. 2019 and I decided to extend it yesterday - I bought it and now have the Plan till the Aug. 2020. It’s clearly stated that you can extend the Plan now and will not lost any month of support.
Old 06-20-2019, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drh1 View Post
From the information posted by Avid, if you stop paying for the yearly renewals with the perpetual licence you will still have the continued use of the current version at that point in time. In other words, if you bought a perpetual version of PT 12 a couple of years ago and subsequently updated this to the current perpetual licence for 2019.5 and you decide not to renew the subscription on the annual date you will be able to continue using the 2019.5 version in future. However, you won't be able to get any updates without paying (according to the statements provided by Avid).
Thanks! I picked up 3 years at Sweetwater with the 24 months no interest option. So maybe in 3 years I will let it go.
Old 06-27-2019, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Early renewal of Update Plan for PT perpetual

Hoping someone can help.
I bought a 1 year renewal/extension today from an official Avid reseller but i,m having trouble registering the code. It doesnt update. My licence is perpetual and expires March 2020 so should go to 2021
I opened a support case and the number is <03735568>
Appreciate it if Jeffro or someone could assist please.
cheers
J

Edit
Got a reply from Avid.
Account has been updated....all good now.
if there was input from here on the DUC, thank you.

Last edited by Jay_uk; 06-28-2019 at 05:32 AM. Reason: problem solved
Old 06-27-2019, 07:36 PM

My 2018 had expired.
Just purchased renewal for $299, is this correct?
I saw something about $198 renewal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
My 2018 had expired.
Just purchased renewal for $299, is this correct?
I saw something about $198 renewal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think that might included a reinstatement fee.... should $199 from and after 1 July 2019 or when you buy you next 12 months before you current sub expires again.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————
Old 06-28-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizziF View Post

Yup you sure do! Nothing gets wound back.... if you have the current 2019.6 and your perpetual support plan expires today you will still have 2019.6 running tomorrow. You just won’t be able to access further updates until your back on the plan Stan.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————