Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 09-26-2005, 06:37 AM

Default 2 questions- mbox/soundforge and preset management

Hi, I have two questions, been meaning to post these for a while. I have Sound Forge 6, which I use to convert my bounced mix to 16/44.1 from 24/48 and do fade outs, etc. The mbox will not play back a 24/48 stereo (or mono I guess, but I don't ususally bounce to mono) file for some reason. It used to tell me it did not support the format but then would play it anyway, now it won't play it at all. Is this a result of the digi ASIO driver and SOund Forge 6? I knwo SF8 supports ASIO directly (I can't record to sound forge right now if I'm doing a live to two track, I need to use protools and export the wavs to sound forge for quick bounce- don't want to real time bounce a 3 hour stereo file!), so maybe that's the issue, or does digi now have a better ASIO driver that will do it, or am I doing something wrong? The 002R in our studio works fine with the same version of sound forge.

OKay, next one- preset management. When I need to mix a whole project and all tracks are very similar (for example, I want to use the same plugins on drums all the way through a project so the sound is sonsistent, but although I would tweak per song, I want the same starting point. In other words, most of my clients are interested in working quickly due to budget and don't want to allow me a long time per track, so if I was on a traditional outboard setup I would get a basic mix on the board and let the whole project run one after the other- not the ideal but you do what the client wants.) Okay, many many words here, sorry! So I guess my best option is to know what I use on each track, which is not hard, and then load presets. Unfortunately, there is no "load preset" button on rtas plugins (or my wrapped vsts), just import, and when I do that, it always says "This folder already contains this setting and cannot import it." However, it doesn't, so that's incorrect. I have tried making a master plugins folder, I have tried doing it per song, etc. Any ideas and does anyone have a streamlined way of doing this? I could even use my usb key to save presets on, but I can't IMPORT them to the current project, so it's of no use so far. Sorry for the long post but I would greatly appreciate some help here.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:42 AM

Default Re: 2 questions- mbox/soundforge and preset manage

anyone?