How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 10-28-2019, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Waves V11 - Left Field Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Amagras - it says on the website you Need to be wup’d up todate in oreer to update to W11 ... just quoting what they say themselves!

That answer was what I said: you need your older plugins to be wup otherwise they dont go to V11 which is what happened to your update so what is ”not true” in my post!?

Read here:
How to Update to Waves V11
First ensure that your system and DAW support Waves V11.
If your Waves licenses are covered by the Waves Update Plan, simply update them to V11 for free. If they are not covered, renew your coverage first, then update.
Once your licenses are updated, install & activate your V11 plugin software

I take that as one NEEDS to be up to WUP in order to update to Waves 11
You said you can't update to W11 unless all of your plugins are covered by WUP, that's wrong. I suspect you are confused because when you only have a bundle all the plugins are tied to the same WUP but whatever extras you have can be updated if they are covered atm. What I did was updating my Gold to Horizon a while ago which automatically reWUP and unified all my old plugins from those 2 bundles.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:27 PM

I'm currently running both V9 and V10 plug-ins - so I assume I'll also be able to run V11 of my plug-ins that are covered by the Waves Update Plan for free.

Introducing Waves V11
https://www.waves.com/introducing-waves-v11

Waves V11— Frequently Asked Questions
https://www.waves.com/support/waves-...sked-questions

Waves Central v11
https://www.waves.com/downloads/central

How to Install, Activate, Recover & Update Waves Plugins
https://youtu.be/pw4SPZMX_i0

System Requirements
https://www.waves.com/support/tech-s...m-requirements
Old 10-28-2019, 06:14 PM

I am not confused! We have over 100 plugins incl gold bundle and lots of singles and it said first make sure you are up to date with wup before installing V11 so no I am not confused’ i said you have to have wup if you wanna update ”all your plugins” and we aren’t so no V11 for us.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-28-2019, 06:57 PM

From what I have read, this only affects Mac users that are going with Catalina Happy Windows user here

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 10-28-2019, 06:57 PM

What's the deal with the WUP renewal costs? I thought it was called at $240. The quotes I get are like $350.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 10-28-2019, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
I am not confused! We have over 100 plugins incl gold bundle and lots of singles and it said first make sure you are up to date with wup before installing V11 so no I am not confused’ i said you have to have wup if you wanna update ”all your plugins” and we aren’t so no V11 for us.
I think we are talking about the same thing, let me think about it before we go on.
Old 10-28-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagras View Post
I think we are talking about the same thing, let me think about it before we go on.
I think we are talking about the same thing, just I might have worded it a bit badly as I am a swede after all and sometimes I write something (like that post) and I understand it could be misunderstood as we sre saying the same thing. I meant that what waves say is that IF one want to update their plugins to V11 one must first make sure to WUP up all those olugins and then update otherwise the plugins that are not on a wup and older wont get updated. I would want all my plugins updated to V11 if I would consider updating but as our V9.6 or something works great on all computers we hsve (trashcans) and one MBP 2019 I will refrain from updating my wup until all the plugins that aren’t wup’d stop working.

Remember we talked about that Bass VI and a few others back before summer, those are the only ones we have on V10 so I believe it would cause issues if we kept both V9/V10 and updated some to V11 that qualify. Everytime we updated anything Waves we have had problems all day getting them to work again.

I just quoted what it said on waves websige in my earlier post:

How to Update to Waves V11:

First ensure that your system and DAW support Waves V11.
If your Waves licenses are covered by the Waves Update Plan, simply update them to V11 for free. If they are not covered, renew your coverage first, then update.

Once your licenses are updated, install & activate your V11 plugin software.

Taken from this page here :
https://www.waves.com/introducing-waves-v11

Maybe I was unclear before and I am sorry if that was the case. I just meant that waves says we need to wup and make sure all is up to date before going to V11 free of charge.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-28-2019, 08:50 PM

Also, be aware that if you use Soundgrid, do not update to V11 as yet. The plugins will not open in Soundgrid as yet.
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 10-29-2019, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
What's the deal with the WUP renewal costs? I thought it was called at $240. The quotes I get are like $350.
You probably have some plugs that are still covered. You can uncheck them further down the WUP screen. What happens is that WUP is extended beyond one year to the end date of the still covered plug(s) so you get additional coverage for the expired plugs and all plugs will expire at the same time. Hope that made sense.
Old 10-29-2019, 03:42 AM

One thing to note is this statement

Important: V11 licenses will successfully activate V11 or V10 plugins.

Also

Note that V11 licenses will activate V11 or V10 plugins. You can take your V11 licenses to one machine where you installed V11 software, and then move the licenses to another machine where you have V10 installed – V11 licenses will active both systems.

See here https://www.waves.com/support/waves-...sked-questions

When I read that I promptly updated those products in WUP to V11.

Stephen

https://www.waves.com/r/djgsi6