How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2020, 10:42 PM

Default Bounced File Names and 'Saved As'

Hi ...

I'm trying to find out if I'm missing a setting somewhere, this is a bug or just the way it works.

If I bounce a file from a 'saved as' session file, the file is automatically named as the original parent session file. I know I can rename when bouncing, but I'd prefer if there was a way for the new name of the 'saved as' session file to automatically populate in the bouncing dialog box.

Could someone please explain?

Thanks.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Bounced File Names and 'Saved As'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFT View Post
Hi ...

I'm trying to find out if I'm missing a setting somewhere, this is a bug or just the way it works.

If I bounce a file from a 'saved as' session file, the file is automatically named as the original parent session file. I know I can rename when bouncing, but I'd prefer if there was a way for the new name of the 'saved as' session file to automatically populate in the bouncing dialog box.

Could someone please explain?

Thanks.
I don't think there's a way to change it automatically. The only way I can get it to name the bounced file to the new session name is to open the bounce window, completely remove the old filename, hit Cancel, then reopen the bounce window - the new filename should appear. More trouble than it's worth really.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (3)
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7
NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 2 GB
Old 12-04-2020, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Bounced File Names and 'Saved As'

Thank you, Chris ...

Tis' an annoyance. But as I often do multiple bounces you're work around may actually save me a little time and confusion in keeping track of session file + bounce ... instead of having to track down their times of file creation if I get lost.