Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2011, 12:18 PM

Default 2.0.1 Help

Okay, I'm either a complete idiot or I'm missing something. I mistakenly deleted the email Avid sent me about the 2.0.1 upgrade. When I go to the Avid site and log into my account I can't find the update link anywhere. Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:23 PM

Default Re: 2.0.1 Help

www.avid.com top right corner click on "myaccount" and log in.

Once logged in look for a link called "Your Products" then "Your Products" again and then look for the "downloads" for the Eleven Rack Expansion Pack.

Darryl
Old 04-14-2011, 04:07 PM

Got it.....thanx. As I suspected.....I'm stupid.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:15 PM

Don't beat yourself up I did the same thing... LOL :) then I was even more confused because it made no reference to 2.01 and even said 2.0 when the installer was launched... I figured what the hell and went ahead and there it was 2.01! :)
Old 04-21-2011, 04:33 PM

I can't update to 2.0.1 at all. I run the installer and get to the Authorization window and when i enter my info, the installer fails and says that I've already authorized that number.

I didn't get an email about this update either, just happened upon it while browsing the site. How can I fix this?

Curt
Old 04-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Avid

Bloozmin, you need to run the firmware updater on the same computer as you used to run the 2.0 updater. If that's not possible you'll have to work with Avid Support to get an updated license.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:35 PM

It IS the same computer, however i had just wiped the hard drive and reinstalled everything (Windows 7 64-bit, Pro Tools 8.0.5). Is this the cause, and will this be a problem every time I do this? I clean my drive this way at least 4 times a year.

Even if I decided to live without updating the rack firmware, I have lost the amp images for the new amps in the editor in Pro Tools which I understand are installed as part of the Eleven Rack Update installer, which is the application that I can't run.

Curt
Old 04-21-2011, 06:52 PM

You can run the Pro Tools updater for ERXP on any computer at any time to update the Pro Tools install. It's the firmware update part that you need to run from the original computer.

I expect you have demonstrated that wiping you install makes this effectively a new computer. Anyhow for now you have only the option of contacting customer support. They seem to know this is an issue and you should not have to pay for the call.

Darryl
Old 04-21-2011, 06:59 PM

Thanks Darryl! And it's the firmware update part that contains the image files of the new amps for the Pro Tools editor, correct?
Old 04-21-2011, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloozmin View Post
Thanks Darryl! And it's the firmware update part that contains the image files of the new amps for the Pro Tools editor, correct?
No! Its the Pro Tools part that contains that, i.e. the first thing that happens when you run what you download. Its basically just a bunch of updates that go in the Pro Tools plugin folder. And as I just said, you can run that on any computer any time. It also just happens to unpack the separate firmware updater for you but it does not run that - you run that updater manually if you want to also update firmware in the Eleven Rack.

You can run that firmware updater on the computer you are on or copy it to another computer and run it if you want - but it requires to be run from the same computer you previously ran the 2.0 update. The documentation for the update is pretty clear and worth reading. If after you've managed to update the firmware and you just run the initial installer on any random PC or Mac to update Pro Tools it will unpack the firmware updater again as well and dump it on your desktop - but you just don't use it.

Just contact customer support and get this sorted.

Darryl