Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2007, 10:08 AM

Default Pro tools LE 6.9.2 and Mac 10.4.9 WHAT A JOKE!

Come on Digidesign once again you have created a inherent mess. Whats the latest you cant use 6.9.2-7.??? with the currant mac update 10.4.9. Why do you design software that continually needs updates which cost us more money which confuses "most" users. I was charged an extra $75.00 to upgrade from an Mbox system for $499.00 three months prior? Why because you purposely made it incompatible with the mac 10.4 operating system.

I really feel that Digidesign is a complete rip-off from the word go, Why cant you build consistent software that will work??? On a Mac OSX operating system....you easily make enough money off us.

Now I get the usual runaround I cannot open Pro Tools LE 6.9.2 on my Mac 10.4.9 The old Shared Library Error message
Application launch failure, Pro Tools cannot launch because of a shared Library error, Pro Tools ppc.dbgro Tools ppc.dbg_DAE" error when launching Pro Tools.

Hmm instructions to Trash the preference files that are NOWHERE to be found! and then reinstall ?? again and again

I dont want to hear that you should check with Digidesign first before the update. What about the other issues that 10.4.9 address that I need that have nothing to do with Pro tools?

Please design software that works! Will you even answer this post....probably not. Will you be able to address my issue...probably not

I will never buy your products again
Old 04-11-2007, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Pro tools LE 6.9.2 and Mac 10.4.9 WHAT A JOKE!

so let me see if I got this straight

your bitching because the software that was coded a year and a half to 2 years ago is not working with your OS that was coded less than 6 months ago and Digi has posted that it is unsupported by Pro Tools.
plus you were probably lazy and used the delta update the the system updater uses intend of doing the professional rout of downloading the combo updater

you sir are the joke.

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig