Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2009, 08:55 AM

Default Problem with audio clock

Greetings. I'm running Mac OS X 10.5.4 + Pro Tools LE 7.4.2 + MBox 2 Pro. The problem is I cant' record a damn note ! "Problem detected with audio clock. Check that your clock source and sample rate are correct", but they are ! For example, I plug my bass directly in Input 1, create a mono audio track then press record once: I hear my bass through my monitors but there's no signal in the track! A friend of mine gave me a "tip": he told me to change the clock source from Internal to S/PDIF. Then return to Internal after reading the error message. Now it's working and I'm finally able to record. But sometimes this advice is useless and I have to restart Pro Tool again and again and again until it works. Maybe I should send back my MBox for check-out and repair...Please help me, I'm desperate !
Old 01-21-2009, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Problem with audio clock

Do you have any other programs open whilst trying to record? If so, shut them ALL down.

Also is there any other digital connection in your setup?

A:)
Old 01-22-2009, 01:47 AM

Thanks for your concern !
I only use Pro Tools on my computer and there's only 1 firewire cable plugged from my Mbox 2 Pro to the Mac. I've already removed the S/PDIF connection I use with my Line 6 Pod Pro. My system is clean, all the plug in are official and updated so I just don't get it. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to make it work properly ?
Old 01-22-2009, 10:24 AM
Avid

Did you check out the steps in the General Troubleshooting thread, especially the ones on trashing preferences and making sure you have firewire networking disabled? If not - please start there.

If that doesn't fix the problem, can you give us more details about your system - how everything is connected, what types of drives you're using, etc?
Old 03-02-2009, 10:46 PM

El Rico,

Out of nowhere I've just started getting the same problem. I've also got an MBox 2 Pro, but running ProTools 8 LE. I've re-installed protools twice from scratch, disabled all the plug-ins, etc, etc.

Have you had any luck fixing the problem? I'm in a real bind because I've got a deadline due in less than a week and need to get my studio working!!

JC
Old 05-16-2009, 09:40 AM

Hi!

I'd like to bump this thread as I've yet to find any solution to this. Whenever I start Pro Tools LE 8.0 and open any project or even create a new one, I cannot play anything - I get the clock source problem even when it is set to internal. To solve this, I need to change the source to S/PDIF (even though nothing is connected) and the switch it back to Internal, then press play once, another clock error message will appear after which I'll be able to play things back! What's wrong with this thing?!

Another thing I've noticed is that changing the clock source back and forth at a later times helps a lot to the CPU usage. Sometime when a project has quite a few plug ins on it, changing the clock source can reduce the CPU load by about 25-45%! No idea what that's happening either...

Can anyone shed some light on this???

Best Wishes,

Adam
Old 05-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jytchang View Post
El Rico,

Out of nowhere I've just started getting the same problem. I've also got an MBox 2 Pro, but running ProTools 8 LE. I've re-installed protools twice from scratch, disabled all the plug-ins, etc, etc.

Have you had any luck fixing the problem? I'm in a real bind because I've got a deadline due in less than a week and need to get my studio working!!

JC
We're going to need a lot more info to be able to assist you. See the Help Us Help You thread for details...
Old 05-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamCrowe View Post
Hi!

I'd like to bump this thread as I've yet to find any solution to this. Whenever I start Pro Tools LE 8.0 and open any project or even create a new one, I cannot play anything - I get the clock source problem even when it is set to internal. To solve this, I need to change the source to S/PDIF (even though nothing is connected) and the switch it back to Internal, then press play once, another clock error message will appear after which I'll be able to play things back! What's wrong with this thing?!

Another thing I've noticed is that changing the clock source back and forth at a later times helps a lot to the CPU usage. Sometime when a project has quite a few plug ins on it, changing the clock source can reduce the CPU load by about 25-45%! No idea what that's happening either...

Can anyone shed some light on this???

Best Wishes,

Adam
You as well - without enough info about your system, we're completely at a loss as how to guide you. The Help Us Help You thread goes into detail about what we need to know...
Old 05-16-2009, 04:57 PM

Have you tried deleting all preferences and caches?
I had a several problems with spdif in protools 8 and using the digi preference/database program(in the general troublshooting thread) seems to have helped.