Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2016, 01:26 PM

Default Re: Venue/S3L-X iPad app

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLD View Post
I really like the Pro2C as well, but it don´t travel well on a plane. That´s why I got the S3L instead of the Pro2C.
It depends on what you do, I like the sound of the pre amp of the pro series. But that's about it. It is not nearly as flexible as a Venue consoles.

The automation, is at some points more precise, but overall it lags far behind a Venue or Digico.

Their fx is worthless in my opinion. And their on-board compressors are to audible to my ear.

There is no options for customized workflow; like the event page.

But as said it all depends on your style of mixing and workflow. And yes I want an iPad app for Venue consoles
Old 05-25-2016, 02:05 PM

I just realized I haven't asked for way too long, so any news?
Have some more shows coming where it will be some board with an iPad app, I rather take an x32 with that feature than anything without......
Old 05-25-2016, 03:11 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karel Noon View Post
I just realized I haven't asked for way too long, so any news?
Have some more shows coming where it will be some board with an iPad app, I rather take an x32 with that feature than anything without......
Karel, unfortunately no one from Avid can provide answer on the topic until the official announcement is made (if ever). It is simply not allowed.

So please don't expect an answer - either positive or negative - to be written on this forum. Also please don't try to treat anything said here as a hidden answer, a hint, etc. - nothing is. It is not because Avid guys don't want to help you - it's because they're not allowed to. All of this is also true for any other not announced feature or product.

But at the same time this thread is a good place to discuss what exactly do you need from iPad app and which other vendor's iPad app is better and has particular features you'd like to see in Avid's app
Old 05-27-2016, 01:57 PM

Valentyn, I know, I also explained why it is that way in another thread or some pages before, I just want to keep the pressure alive as far as I can.

As for the things I want, Ryan asked for that in another iPad app thread, but I'll copy my answer in here, so we just have to keep one annoying thread alive

------------------

Good Apps:
Mackie Master Fader
Presonus
Yamaha

OK but Not so nice to use:
A&H Qu and GLD App

Bad examples:
A&H Ilive App: not very user friendly and is missing a good overview of what's going on
Midas Pro Mixtender: not enough options and control
Soundcraft ViSi - missing basic controls

What I need:
Delay and level for outputs
Everything needed for monitor mixing:
EQ, Gain, Bus Sends, Chanel Dynamics, RTA behind the EQ.
Multi User with the ability to define which user can control which send (as in Mackies master fader) Stereo linking of chanels !!!!!!

Not so much needed in the app, maybe in an "advanced mode": FX Editing/Plugin control, Eucon control, Everything from the setup Tab

Thanks,

Karel
Old 05-27-2016, 03:49 PM
Avid

Quote:
Good Apps:
Mackie Master Fader
Presonus
Yamaha
Are they just good in general or you have something particular? Like some good feature or good implementation of some usual feature?

For example, Yamaha's app has built-in RTA showing data from iPad's mic. Is this useful/must have/good to have? At the same time they don't have a selected channel's RTA.

Quote:
Multi User with the ability to define which user can control which send (as in Mackies master fader)
Wait. I see two different kind of apps:
1. Personal monitoring control which only controls sends of some Aux.
2. Generic app - ideally most of functionality of the VENUE SW.

Let's differentiate between these two. The first is a really simple one, while the second is much more complex.

For the first: What kind of security is needed for the first? Is one password for all Auxes ok? Or is per-Aux access needed (individual passwords or individual approval from console)?
Old 05-27-2016, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentyn View Post
Are they just good in general or you have something particular? Like some good feature or good implementation of some usual feature?

For example, Yamaha's app has built-in RTA showing data from iPad's mic. Is this useful/must have/good to have? At the same time they don't have a selected channel's RTA.

Wait. I see two different kind of apps:

1. Personal monitoring control which only controls sends of some Aux.

2. Generic app - ideally most of functionality of the VENUE SW.

Let's differentiate between these two. The first is a really simple one, while the second is much more complex.

For the first: What kind of security is needed for the first? Is one password for all Auxes ok? Or is per-Aux access needed (individual passwords or individual approval from console)?

We need the 2nd one most importantly. An overall control app will allow for both FOH and Monitor via aux send controls.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2016, 04:36 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike496 View Post
We need the 2nd one most importantly.
Of course
Old 05-29-2016, 01:03 AM

The Master Mix App from mackie allows for user rights, this could be expanded with a password, but other than that it is pretty much perfect.

The idea of view groups, like custom layers on the iPad is great, the navigation is near perfect.

That's the way to go, and you only have to program one app.

The only second app could be a iPhone app with only faders like the Yamaha "monitormix" or the Mackie "mymix" ( I think that's the name)
Old 06-27-2016, 05:07 AM

Default Venue/S3L-X iPad app

Hi .....

it is about time that something is happening here

Live System: Avid S3L- X / 2 x Stage 16 / Macbook Pro / protools 12.4
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mixing desk: Pro tools 12.4 - Apollo 8 PRE - UA4x710 +
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fohhn PA : PT-6 - LX150 - LX501 - XS4 + XS30
Old 06-28-2016, 11:54 AM

It's absolutely about time. So it still seems to me that Avid simply do not care.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk