Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 06-24-2013, 06:03 PM

Default Magic ID errors with 10.3.5

Hi all,

Recently I've been running into the Magic ID error when loading up sessions. I've tried everything to fix this and it keeps coming up, I updated OSX and PT to the latest versions, I've saved session copies to new drives, I've created new sessions and imported session data into them (again, on a new drive) and I still keep getting this error/crashes. Everything I've read about this error states that the session is corrupted, but how am I supposed to fix this if going into the backups and creating new sessions on new hard drives doesn't fix it? The error started happening on 1 specific session and then leaped to 3 other ones. I figured it was the HD dying on me but I got a new HD and I'm still having the issue.

After doing a bunch of research it seems that nobody really knows why this problem happens, only that if it does you should use a session backup and hope it works. Does anyone have any idea how to actually fix this problem other than a workaround?

I'm running OSX 10.8.4 with PT HD 10.3.5, a 192 and Symphony IO, and Glyph hard drives. I know 10.8.4 isn't supported yet but I was having the problem on an older version of Mtn. Lion and figured upgrading might make things better. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!