Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 12-29-2008, 04:51 PM

Default digi wont respond to 003 factory plug-in issues.worst tech support ever

i have called digi emailed digi and even opened a tread on the duc with no luck. the only thing i want to know is why if i bought my 003 after the protools 8 release was anounced why am i not intitled to the version 8 factory bundle.i bought my 003 at the end of november. I have recieved my amnesty upgrade but factory plug-ins still the same.and please dont tell me to sync my iloke because there is nothing in my ilok account so syncing does not work. If we pay for our gear expecting version 8 y should we not get it. all i want to know is will digi de addressing this issue and update the factory bundle from version 7.4 to 8.0 i mean real are we intitled to get what we payed for.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:33 PM

Default Re: digi wont respond to 003 factory plug-in issues.worst tech support ever

Sync your Ilok! Ha ha, I couldn't resist... Didn't your factory plugins come with your installer???? I'm pretty sure mine did so try reinstalling and make sure to leave that factory plugin box checked.

-Justin
Old 12-29-2008, 06:36 PM

Default Re: digi wont respond to 003 factory plug-in issues.worst tech support ever

This sounds like a Customer Service issue, not a Tech Support issue. You may have better luck making your point to Digi people who deal with customer issues rather than programmer/developer types.

Greg
Old 01-19-2009, 10:58 AM

I bought the 003 Rack Factory in December, and was told that I'd get all the updates when they came out (and they were due out soon). So we went ahead and purchased PT7.4 and the 003 Rack Factory bundles at that time. Now I can't seem to get anyone to tell me where to go to get the updated and new 003 Rack Factory plug-in's that were released a few weeks after my purchase.

I got the PT8 e-mail, but the reason I purchased the Rack Factory was to get ALL the extra plug-in's, and now that I’ve made my purchase and spent my money, it seems that no one at Digi is willing to step up and show me where to get the new and updated plug-in’s. Clearly, I would have waited the extra 3 weeks if I had been told that that’s what I needed to do to get these updates with my purchase.

I’m new at all these plug-in’s, so when I couldn’t get the plug-in’s to register when opening PT8, I called Digi Customer Support. The fellow I spoke to initially said he didn’t know which ones I was supposed to have with my 003, that I might have “just missed” the new ones with my December 003 Rack Factory purchase. Then he told me I'd have to contact the place where I purchased the Rack Factory 003 and THEY would have to call Digi and find out what to do. What?! I waited for after over one hour just to have someone tell me that the staff at Guitar Center will need to call them instead? I love ProTools, but I haven’t been pleased with my four phone calls to the support line at Digi. Seems they don’t always have the most updated information, even if you DO call the right number (and they still don’t have any information about whether or if the PT8 hardcopy manuals are coming out either).

Bottom line… how do I get the new plug-in’s for the 003 Rack Factory bundle?

Ragani
Old 01-19-2009, 12:06 PM

I believe they should be in your installer. Right?

-Justin
Old 01-20-2009, 10:06 AM

Yes, they are there, but where do I get the registration for them? Some plug-in's are showing up as registered and others are not registered when I load up my PT8-- i.e. only one Bomb Factory registers, and none of the Fairchild plug-in's, etc.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragani View Post
only one Bomb Factory registers, and none of the Fairchild plug-in's, etc.
firstly uninstall them and re-install. make sure you set your own install path because the plugins you mention always seem to want to install to the old plug-ins directory (which was changed in LE7 as far as i remember).

i had the same problem and its sorted now.

theres also a few threads on here with some other solutions if that doesnt work. just search "bombfactory pt8"

hope this helps
Old 01-23-2009, 03:39 PM

I believe I've already done this, and I called Digi Tech Support and Registration phone line when this didn't work. I also read through the Bomb Factory PT8 post on this forum. The Digi Customer Support told me that there were several plug-in's that weren't a part of the 003 Rack Factory in Dec 2008, but are now a part of this package. I asked why I wasn't able to get an update (as I purchased mine in December), but they said they were not even sure if I would get them, or if that was just "something new" for the current buyers. Frustrating! I've called Guitar Center managers and they are looking into this situation for me.

Too bad Customer Support didn't initially even know which ones I should have (not until I pressed them on it)-- as they were getting confused on the phone between the MPT2 plug-in's and the Bomb Factory and Ignition Pack Pro plug-in's. Not sure I got the right answers from them, so I'm hoping the Guitar Center guys can help. Hopefully!
Old 01-23-2009, 06:28 PM

They've said they're going to take care of it.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:53 PM

I really don’t enjoy hearing things like this. When Digi drops the ball, potential new customers read about it and might chose another application. This reduces Digi profits and in turn reduces their ability to create better products for us all. The cycle continues.

ADC please.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com