Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2014, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Why is Pro Tools so sensitive

I'm using an ASUS PT6 Deluxe (Socket 1366) because it was the outer limits when I built it, and PT 11 is working great on it. BUT I'd definitely opt for the later socket protocol. Incidentally, you can use Blue Cat Patchwork to "wrap" 64-bit VSTs as 64-bit AAX. Works great, and it saved my butt while waiting for a few later arrivals to the AAX fold.
Old 09-29-2014, 07:25 PM

No...
Note that all opinions, observations, whatever, in this post are mine, unless I'm being mean or am wrong, in which case it's somebody else's fault. I do not work for Avid (their loss)...my only relationship with Avid is that of a customer (when I'm not too poor to buy stuff, like now)...and that hot administrative assistant...that's more of a "thing" than a "relationship" (that should keep them guessing for a while...)

Just rockin'...what more is there?

Bill in Pittsburgh
Old 09-30-2014, 06:17 AM

sw record. I'm not computer smart. I'm just an old musician who missed the boat while working a legitimate job to support my family! 003! That's great. I'm happy for you! My budget is such that I can't afford the big items so I have to be content with smaller format I/O's. I don't run a studio and I don't record bands. So I guess I'm destined to contend with all the idiotic and waste of time problems that are an integral part of recording software, that our regulatory system is happy to overlook in the name of sales and profits! No one is forcing me and I guess I'm a sucker for punishment! You have a good day!
Old 09-30-2014, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Wetzel View Post
an old musician who missed the boat

You didn't miss anything - home recording wasn't available 10 years ago. I don't remember when the first Mbox came out but the 001 was the first home studio thing and the prices and the tech has come along way since then .

No boats missed - there wasn't one to miss...
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:11 PM

Hello sw rec. Noticed in your remarks U went from PT8 to 10. That is exactly what I want to do. Can you give a brief detail about that experience. I'm very happy with PT and have had it since 2005. I'm always reluctant to upgrade. Especially now. I have Waves Diamond and don't want to spend that money again on the AXE version which is used on PT10. Please render any advice U may have from your experiences. Thank you in advance ...tc
Old 10-03-2014, 02:14 PM

I have 1st generation i7 processor; windows 7 Pro; 500 gig main hard drive; 2 TB secondary hard drive; Happy Pro Tools 8 user.
Old 10-03-2014, 02:20 PM

Apologies. 7200 rpm RAM; DDR3; INTEL Mother Board; 002 interface; Propeller head Reason 5;
Old 10-03-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_TC_TC View Post
Hello sw rec. Noticed in your remarks U went from PT8 to 10. That is exactly what I want to do. Can you give a brief detail about that experience. I'm very happy with PT and have had it since 2005. I'm always reluctant to upgrade. Especially now. I have Waves Diamond and don't want to spend that money again on the AXE version which is used on PT10. Please render any advice U may have from your experiences. Thank you in advance ...tc
Your rtas plugins will work fine in 10. The AAX upgrade is not necessary until 11.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 10-04-2014, 09:23 AM

Guitardom ... thanks for your response. Have you gone to PT11 yet ? I understand PT11 is much faster than 10 because of 64 instead of 32 ? I'm thinking about upgrading to PT10 and purchasing PT11 separate because I can have them both on the same computer. It's cheaper to do it that way than to pay several thousand dollars for a New Waves Diamond. Maybe I can accomplish my recordings in that manner ?
Old 10-04-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_TC_TC View Post
Guitardom ... thanks for your response. Have you gone to PT11 yet ? I understand PT11 is much faster than 10 because of 64 instead of 32 ? I'm thinking about upgrading to PT10 and purchasing PT11 separate because I can have them both on the same computer. It's cheaper to do it that way than to pay several thousand dollars for a New Waves Diamond. Maybe I can accomplish my recordings in that manner ?

Huh? Well I am sure Avid would love to take your monetary donation but if you upgrade to or purchase a full PT11 license you already get both a PT 11 and PT 10 license bundle that lets you run either version (but only with that one iLok), and if you want to coinstall 10 and 11 make sure you follow the coinstall requirements.

Pro Tools 11 being 64-bit does not make it any "faster" than 32-bit Pro Tools 10 (some low level things will actually be slower), but it allows you to run much larger sessions, work with many more plugins and VIs without running out of nemory.