Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2019, 05:35 AM

Default Re: Where's Heat?

Maybe better they do nothing here... whoever has a DSP system should already know.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Maybe better they do nothing here...

I certainly agree – I added “perhaps”, because perfect pedantry should know its own bounds!

However – on a constructive note – as HD software & system is no longer mandatory for HEAT (as from 2019.6), the System requirements on the Trial page should be updated:
https://www.avid.com/support/trialdownload/HEAT
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 10-15-2019, 06:37 AM

Very good point. Though this page is talking about HD systems

I'll ask if Avid has time to reword this now that hardware is not required and standard software is okay too.
Old 10-15-2019, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Do you have the ilok license on your key? It won't show up until you have that. It should have been deposited into your ilok account but then you have to put it on your key (or cloud i guess) and then open Pro Tools. It's a drop down menu but you can also unhide it on the mixer window (right side small arrow to open that panel up) and turn it on.

I had a question about this. Currently my bundle is Cloud. My software is authorized via cloud.
Previously when my bundle was put on key I got a message that said cloud can't authorize software. Software did work though. So.....
If I put the bundle on Key will cloud still authorize?
Or will I get a message that says iCloud can't authorize session?
If bundle is placed on key then does the key have to be in the machine?
Or if the dongle goes bad will software not work?
By having cloud authorization is key being essentially bypassed?
Does cloud allow to take machine anywhere there is an internet connection and not have to have dongle in machine?
MAC OSX Big Sur
Old 10-15-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
....Though this page is talking about HD systems ....

To recap & more:

The HEAT Product Page - https://www.avid.com/plugins/heat - lists the SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS as:

Pro Tools software v2019.6 and later; Pro Tools | Ultimate (formerly Pro Tools HD) v12.1 and later (Avid hardware not required); Pro Tools | HDX (AAX DSP); Pro Tools | HD Accel (TDM)

Top RH corner of this same Page is the “Free trial” blue button – which is why I suggested updating the Trial Page to include the same SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS.

I also suggest the “Free trial” blue button should be included in the top RH corner here - https://shop.avid.com/ccrz__ProductD...0&cclcl=en_US& (even though it appears when clicking on “OVERVIEW” from this Page, some people did not realise the TRIAL exists).
As all 2019.6 (+) Subscribers already get HEAT for nix, I guess the majority of people who’d want a Trial are the Perpetual license holders of 2019.6 (+) and 12.1 HD (+)

If you are going to raise this (extremely!) minor issue with Avid (and we all know that there are far more important matters that should be addressed first!), could you please also ask Avid to update this page - https://www.avid.com/plugins/mdw-hi-...tive#Downloads – to include the official Avid links of the Updates listed here – http://duc.avid.com/showpost.php?p=2536188&postcount=14
Validity can be checked with Rail Jon Rogut from Massenburg DesignWorks®, who says MDWEQ5-AAX 5.2.1r17 is the final build.

Sincere thanks!
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 * SSL UC-1 * Digidesign Command 8 * TECH 21 SansAmp 2.0 * Xvive U3 2.4Ghz Wireless Microphone * Shure SM57 & Rode NT2-A * Fender 30 & Champ 12 valve amps * M-Audio Axiom Pro 49 * PreSonus Speakers & Monitor Station V2 * Lenovo W520 laptop Type 427637U (32 GB RAM) with extra-Ports Dock + SSDs: 2 @ Samsung T5 + 1 @ Samsung T7 * 3 Screens: 15.6” Laptop + 24” BENQ GL2450-B + Samsung 27” CT550 curved Monitor * best Wife!
Old 10-15-2019, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mspin View Post
....I have the update and subscription for perpetual bundle and can’t find heat
Subscription or Perpetual license? (Either/or - can't be both!)

Please install the new V5.1 of iLok License Manager. It will show whether your Pro Tools 2019.6 is a Subscription or a Perpetual license. You get HEAT with an active Subscription, but need to buy it if you have an active Perpetual license.

Quote:
I had a question about this. Currently my bundle is Cloud. My software is authorized via cloud.
Previously when my bundle was put on key I got a message that said cloud can't authorize software. Software did work though. So.....
If I put the bundle on Key will cloud still authorize?
Or will I get a message that says iCloud can't authorize session?
If bundle is placed on key then does the key have to be in the machine?
By having cloud authorization is key being essentially bypassed?
Does cloud allow to take machine anywhere there is an internet connection and not have to have dongle in machine?
If you do have an active 2019.6 Subscription with HEAT on your iLok, HEAT is already authorized, though you’ll need to activate it within Pro Tools by going to Options>Activate HEAT.
You can use either iLok Cloud or iLok, as your needs dictate.
Without your iLok connected, you can use your Cloud connection anywhere there is a fast and reliable (steady and constant) internet connection with no dropouts.
For a far better explanation of how to manage your iLok authorizations, please see the full story here:
https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/pro...d-managed-mode

The following is direct quote from above link:

Which iLok Cloud Mode Is Right For Me?

Automatic Mode
• I have a steady, constant, Internet connection
• I do not own any iLok USBs
• The licenses I own are all cloud enabled

Managed Mode
• I have a steady, constant, Internet connection
• I manage my licenses across several iLok USBs and computers
• Not all of my licenses are cloud enabled
Old 10-15-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:

"TLC with ZDT enabled"

For total security and minimum downtime, if your iLok was broken, lost or stolen, you’d need (for US$30 per year) “Zero Downtime, with Theft & Loss Coverage (TLC) activated”
https://www.ilok.com/#!zdt-coverage

“This coverage is included at no additional cost with your Zero Downtime subscription, however you MUST enable TLC on your iLok BEFORE the iLok is lost or stolen.”

You’d also need a spare iLok when making a claim. Once all licenses are on the replacement iLok, an extra $30 would also be due for ZDT on the new iLok, as ZDT is not transferrable from the original iLok.
Old 10-10-2020, 12:32 AM

Does anyone know for sure if HEAT full license works on PT11 native? Thanks
Old 10-10-2020, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel Kay View Post
No, you need 12.1 or later for native.
Old 10-10-2020, 02:18 AM

Avid says HEAT won’t work in Pro Tools 11 – minimum of Pro Tools v2019.6 required:
https://www.avid.com/plugins/heat

“Pro Tools software v2019.6 and later; Pro Tools | Ultimate (formerly Pro Tools HD) v12.1 and later (Avid hardware not required); Pro Tools | HDX (AAX DSP); Pro Tools | HD Accel (TDM)”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel Kay View Post
To be 100% certain, you could download the Free Trial and test it yourself in Pro Tools 11:
https://www.avid.com/support/trialdownload/HEAT