Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-10-2001, 01:45 AM

Default Computer Locks Up on Shutdown!!!

Everything is fine and dandy while I'm using the OO1. When I quit Protools LE it quits normally. However, when I shut the computer down it gives me a major error and then freezes on me. Ctrl Alt Del does not work, pressing any key on the keyboard does not work, and even pressing the main power switch does not work. Basically, I have to unplug the machine from the wall (and I really don't want to do that anymore...) to turn it off. This only happens after I use Protools LE. If I use the computer for any thing else, it shuts down properly.

Any ideas?

The error is as follows:
An exception OE has occurred at 0028 D91AD10 in VxD. This was called from 0028:C023A650 in VxD SHELL (OB) + 00000EC0.
It may be possible to continue normally. Press any key to continue or Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart your computer. You will lose any unsaved information in all applications.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!
David

------------------
David J Cartenuto
Old 01-12-2001, 07:34 AM
Avid

Default Re: Computer Locks Up on Shutdown!!!

-This Fatal Exception error string makes me suspect that some software is conflicting with the PACE copy protection code. Please read the post by PACE Technical Support regarding known conflicts with their anti-piracy software:
http://www.digidesign.com/ubb/Forum33/HTML/000239.html

Brent
Old 01-12-2001, 07:50 AM

Try to rename the digi16.dll file and reboot. Reboot again and rename the file back to digi16.dll
It did Work for me
Old 01-19-2001, 01:35 AM

I had EXACT same problem, (same #s on blue screen even!) found it was caused by Norton Crash Guard. Went away when I un-installed it.

Then I made the mistake of installing some networking stuff for a cable modem, and am back to a similar problem...
I'm trying to remove all of that and get back to where I was... anybody have experience/ideas for using different hardware profiles?

[This message has been edited by jjazz (edited January 19, 2001).]
Old 01-21-2001, 06:17 PM

Further I found that all of the Norton Utilities cause this same shutdown blue screen. I am currently running InoculateIT, and haven't had any problems (only a few sessions).
Old 12-10-2002, 01:46 AM

Old topic but I was wondering if anyone knows of a fix for this? I have always had this problem in Win98se and I'm sure it's caused by a conflict with Norton System Works which I have on my PC. I am only able to shutdown my computer safely if I restart the computer first which works fine without freezing and then go to shutdown and then it shuts down ok. If I go to shutdown right away I get the blue screen and freeze up. What confuses me is that when I briefly tried Win XP I didn't have this shutdown problem but I do back on Win98se again. I am using the latest Norton software which is SystemWorks 2003.