Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2012, 05:39 PM

Unhappy So many problems with Pro Tools SE on Windows 7

Hi,

I just got Pro Tools SE bundled with a Fast Track 2 Audio Interface. After an evening of trying to use it, I've had so many problems, I'm quite sure I'm sending the thing back tomorrow as it seems quite useless.

The first time I installed the software everything seemed to be going fine, I could record without problems. Then when it came to playing anything back, I got DAE error 9060. Sometimes, for no apparent reason, it would play back just fine. But 99.9% of the time, I got this error message.

I thought I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling the software, and that just seems to have made things worse. Tried to record, and I got more error messages, 9031 and 9507. Tried closing the program and opening it again, only to get a message saying "The current playback engine does not support a sample rate of 48 KHz'. Checked my audio settings and they all seemed fine, restarted the computer, and like magic, Pro Tools can now open the files again.

But it still won't even record. And if I import a sound, it gives me the 9060 error.

I've tried to find support online but from what I can see, Avid won't provide customer service unless I buy a support code - is this truly the case or have I misunderstood this? Anyway, their support site directed me here. I really do hope someone might be able to help me, as I don't want to give up on this product. But with the seemingly random problems, and absolutely no assistance from Avid, I don't think I have much of a choice.

Thanks for any help anyone can offer.

Steve
Old 03-19-2012, 09:59 AM

Default Re: So many problems with Pro Tools SE on Windows 7

I too have had this pop up recently, never seen it much before, when that happens I re-open the program and it always run's normally, Id like to know more about this issue as well.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:15 PM

Issue resolved! dae error 9060 windows7

Hp windows7 sp1 1.65Ghz, 4 g RAM. ProTools Se 8.0.3 I resolved the error message as well as playback distortions by doing these things. First disable power management settings such as sleep mode, HD to sleep, ect. Follow the steps listed in the FAQ/trouble shooting guide about optimizing windows. you may need to disable Norton A/V and the Norton firewall.(right click icon in system tray) You may need to disconnect your wi-fi, although I didn't find it necessary. Next is to run the compatability issue feature. (right click Pro tools icon on the desktop, select trouble shoot compatibilities, and let windows select best settings. probably will be windows xp sp2. it will ask if settings worked. keep that window open for now, don't select anything yet.) Pro Tools will open, windows will ask permission to make changes select yes. Now set up your Pro tools preferences. File-preferences- //audio tab -should list fast track, and select for recording or performing.// control surfaces- if you have a midi keyboard select in drop down, otherwise none.// session tab- sample rate 44.1 kHz, bit rate 24-bit. Then check the latency rate (right click on avid icon in system tray, open m audio control panel- mine is set to 128. if you experience lag or popping ajust the buffer higher. If these settings worked, then select save settings in the compatibility issue window that we ignored earlier. When you open Pro Tools now, the user account control window will ask- Do you want program to make changes? click yes, Pro Tools now thinks you are running xp. Its a major pain to set up, but it is definately worth it. The issues are definately windows7 related. I used this program for a year on my old machince running xp without any problems. I hope this helped.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:46 PM

Wow that's quite a bit of work to do for software that supposedly works fine with Windows 7 now. I bought mine yesterday and have spent the last 22 hours fighting to get anything to work consistently. Each time I solve something by trying it the same way three times until it suddenly works a new error code pops up.

Can't hear playback audio half the time, can;t record guitar with the channels I should be able to, getting 9507 and 9600 codes now constantly.....Arrrgg! HELP!