Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 06-15-2001, 09:11 AM

Default Any way to make sure Mono tracks are left and right ?

I imported an omf stereo track from fcp2 into my PTle5.1 and after all the conversions are done, PT lays in two mono tracks into the timeline. I'm supposed to be able to pan one hard left and the other hard right and achieve a stereo sound, but instead i'm loosing sound. Is there any way to check and see if my mono tracks are a left and a right ? If they aren't (maybe they are both right and that's my problem, because when i pan hard right on both the audio is fine) is there any way to change them to both a left and right ? I hope this makes sense, thanks in advance, jason.
Old 06-15-2001, 11:38 AM

Default Re: Any way to make sure Mono tracks are left and right ?

Hi!
Just do this with a track with extrem pannings (a song with a HighGain guit left and a clean guit right etc.).
Then you´ll see what´s left and whats right.

But what do you mean by "loosing sound" ? A lower level? A phasy tone?

Markus
Old 06-16-2001, 01:24 AM

Default Re: Any way to make sure Mono tracks are left and right ?

Unless you have to apply separate effects to each side, you should set it up as a stereo audio track, which would automatically hard-pan the tracks. Otherwise you can't apply stereo effects, only dual mono.