Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-31-2008, 11:29 AM

Default Left Channel (not Mono sum) audio only

Hello Forum members,

I'm primarily a composer, as opposed to an Audio engineer, and I'm currently using Finale 2008 with Garritan Personal Orchestra as my principle sound source. I have a Digi 003 Factory for when I'm doing audio work, which is quite a lot, and I use it as the soundcard for my iMac, as well as for Pro Tools.

Here's the curious thing: when running under the Core Audio Manager, the sound output from the 003 is only in Mono coming from the Left speaker. This only happens when Im using Finale 2008, using Garritan via Kontakt Player 2. When I use the iMac built-in output, going into the aux input of the Digi 003, I've perfect stereo. When I use any other programme (Qt, iTunes, etc) using the 003 as the sound output, I have perfect stereo. Yet when I run Finale and Garritan and Kontakt, it's L channel only

Strangely, before I updated to 2008 I was using Fin2006, outputting Garritan P.O. via Kontakt Player 1 via CoreAudio to the Digi 003, this on an Intel iMac using Os 10.5 Leopard! It was perfect, although Finale 2006 wasn't supposed to run on an Intel Mac running Leopard, and neither was the Digi 003 at the time (this was in February-April). In April, Finale 2006 finally realised it wasn't supposed to start-up on my intel iMac, and so stopped working, so I bought Fin2008.

WHile that was arriving, they released the Leopard compatible Pro-Tools LE and I updated, and it's then the problem started.

The thing is I don't know what's causing the issue: The 003 works perfectly in Pro-Tools. The Core Audio Manager works perfectly with every other non-pro-tools application.

Has anyone had similar mono, left channel only output problems? At the moment I'm happy to just use the aux in on the 003 and hit the Aux In button on the Factory, but it's a pain having to reset audio outputs all the time...

Any previous experience or suggested shots in the dark would be welcome.

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2009, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Left Channel (not Mono sum) audio only

This is the same problem I'm having right now. Any ideas??

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnMorrigan View Post
Hello Forum members,

I'm primarily a composer, as opposed to an Audio engineer, and I'm currently using Finale 2008 with Garritan Personal Orchestra as my principle sound source. I have a Digi 003 Factory for when I'm doing audio work, which is quite a lot, and I use it as the soundcard for my iMac, as well as for Pro Tools.

Here's the curious thing: when running under the Core Audio Manager, the sound output from the 003 is only in Mono coming from the Left speaker. This only happens when Im using Finale 2008, using Garritan via Kontakt Player 2. When I use the iMac built-in output, going into the aux input of the Digi 003, I've perfect stereo. When I use any other programme (Qt, iTunes, etc) using the 003 as the sound output, I have perfect stereo. Yet when I run Finale and Garritan and Kontakt, it's L channel only

Strangely, before I updated to 2008 I was using Fin2006, outputting Garritan P.O. via Kontakt Player 1 via CoreAudio to the Digi 003, this on an Intel iMac using Os 10.5 Leopard! It was perfect, although Finale 2006 wasn't supposed to run on an Intel Mac running Leopard, and neither was the Digi 003 at the time (this was in February-April). In April, Finale 2006 finally realised it wasn't supposed to start-up on my intel iMac, and so stopped working, so I bought Fin2008.

WHile that was arriving, they released the Leopard compatible Pro-Tools LE and I updated, and it's then the problem started.

The thing is I don't know what's causing the issue: The 003 works perfectly in Pro-Tools. The Core Audio Manager works perfectly with every other non-pro-tools application.

Has anyone had similar mono, left channel only output problems? At the moment I'm happy to just use the aux in on the 003 and hit the Aux In button on the Factory, but it's a pain having to reset audio outputs all the time...

Any previous experience or suggested shots in the dark would be welcome.

Thanks!
Old 09-21-2009, 04:45 AM

Cool Re: Left Channel (not Mono sum) audio only

I also having this strange problem!